TX Group is the largest Swiss Media company with almost 4000 employees. With its modern headquarters in central Zurich, TX Group is also the most successful digital company in the country. DTS is the umbrella for all TX Group Holdings in the digital space.
Currently, this digital portfolio has over 1500 employees within 14 companies across 5 countries. TX Group's roots lay in publishing, which contains Switzerland’s most prestigious and most frequented newspapers and several international press products.
The DTS team works with all these companies to build advanced data products and services. To further scale these systems and build new products we are committed to further grow this team and expand its engineering capabilities with a dedicated team of specialists in Belgrade.
We work with cutting-edge technologies to go from research prototypes into production systems at a rapid pace. Our systems serve more than 40% of the attributable swiss internet traffic and reach more than 85% of the Swiss population on a monthly basis. You closely work with the Zurich-based part of the team: Data Scientists, Software Engineers, and Product Managers to build a proprietary high-performance data analytics platform. Our platform is based on the concept of event-driven stream processing and built to scale.
We actively use and contribute to open source projects by developing pieces that do not contain trade secrets as Open Source from the beginning.
- Build and enhance a high performance, high volume real-time stream processing pipeline
- Implement services and APIs that are used by internal and external customers
- Work with Data Scientists to implement production-grade services (e.g. we built recommenders and text classifiers that are used within our classified sites)
- Do the research and build prototypes to leverage current and upcoming internet technologies into producing insights about user behavior
- Bring in your ideas and take ownership of the project
- Actively help to shape our engineering culture
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science from Technical Universities
- Real passion for collaboration and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience crafting and implementing high-performance RESTful microservices serving millions of requests a day
- Solid understanding of networking and internet plumbing such as TCP, TLS, HTTP
- Strong grasp of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL), fundamentals of mathematics, large data sets, distributed systems, and statistical concepts
- Interest in working with team-mates to explore the question: “What else can our data tell us?”
- Being technology/language agnostic, willingness to use different languages.
- Competitive salary and a variety of fringe benefits
- Personal development/education (conferences, workshops)
- Excellent work-life balance
- Work in an international team of talented engineers
- Great equipment
- Modern and cozy working place with a positive and friendly atmosphere
- Opportunity to grow both professionally and personally in a stimulating environment