Would you like to learn about biometric verification and work with the latest generation of smartphone technologies? Are you interested in learning new platforms and new technology? This is the job for you!
Daon is an innovative provider of award-winning biometric identity assurance software products and services focused on meeting the needs of governments and large commercial organizations worldwide. We are currently looking for highly motivated Database Administrators to join the engineering team in our Belgrade or Novi Sad office.
You will work with Daon’s DevOps and engineering teams as a Database Administrator/DBA to help deliver and support database solutions for our identity assurance products. This individual will be responsible for, and must be proficient in the installation, maintenance and support of MySQL, SQL Server and Oracle databases running on a wide range of platforms. The role will also involve working with DevOps, support and professional services teams when necessary for database level input and support.
You possess the flexibility and desire to learn new technologies and have a strong knowledge of database deployment and support capabilities. You strive to improve capabilities, pick up and champion new database technologies, apply best database administration practices, look to add value, and innovate. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a skilled team in an interesting and growing technology space, don’t miss it!
- Minimum of 3 years in a Database Administration role
- Strong working experience with MySQL, Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Practical experience of installing, monitoring, and supporting production databases running on Linux/Unix/Windows, AWS EC2 and RDS. Knowledge of AWS Aurora experience would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of database software and user security standards
- Strong performance tuning and general database problem troubleshooting experience across all databases and operating system platforms above
- Strong proficiency in SQL and SQL scripting with experience in PL/SQL, T-SQL and shell scripting experience
- Experience of large-scale data migrations, upgrades, archives and backup and recovery strategies
- Familiarity with high availability and scalability solutions like Oracle RAC, Oracle Dataguard, SQL Server failover clustering and AAG, MySQL InnoDB Cluster beneficial
- Experience of partitioning strategies and knowledge of replication technologies like Oracle Goldengate would be an advantage
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Very good verbal and written English
- Flexible work environment
- Hybrid approach - work from home or office
- Modern new office in the city center in Belgrade
- Working hub in the center of Novi Sad
- Health & Wellness
- Full-covered medical insurance for you and your family
- Fitpass Card
- Company-sponsored life insurance
- Learning & Development
- An opportunity to work with the latest tech stack within the growing world of biometric and identity
- Support in personal skills development through internal and external education
- Great Culture
- Organized Sport&Social Club and company events
- Supportive and friendly people
- International working environment
- Possibility to travel abroad and much more!
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute introductory call with our HR Business Partner
- Candidates selected for 2nd round interview will then be invited to a series of practical interviews with members of the technical team
- Successful candidates will be selected and contacted with an offer to join our team
Come join the team that is changing the way biometrics and identity authentication operate globally!