About the project
At Pentalog, we have an important project, featuring the world’s largest travel site that inspires and empowers people to explore the globe with confidence. Now, we are looking for a Database Migration Engineer to help the company bring its ideas to life, with work that enables travelers to discover all that matters about traveling.
In this project, the Technical Operations team is responsible for the architecture, deployment, and secure operation of the production environments & services, including:
- the on-prem data centers where thousands of physical and virtual machines are managed;
- the multiple cloud vendors where there are both directly managed environments , as well as tenant environments.
- the global network which spans over 26 countries.
As a Database Migration Engineer, you will assist with upgrades, maintenance and migrations to the company’s on-site PostgreSQL ecosystem and associated tooling.
- Strong knowledge of PostgreSQL server administration running on Linux (Centos), including lifecycle management;
- Experience working in a highly-available, dynamic production environment;
- Experience with configuration management for automating configuration and deployment of services (e.g. Ansible);
- Proficiency in scripting languages, such as Python;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- A strong work ethic, the ability to keep complex tasks organized, and an attention to detail;
- Good level of English.
- Upgrading or migrating PostgreSQL 9 and 10 hosts to PostgreSQL 11, across various topologies that span 3 datacenters;
- Doing whatever is necessary to improve our existing tooling that leverages Python and Ansible, in order to manage PostgreSQL configuration and deployments;
- Maintaining documentation of processes and systems.
- Experience with Java development.
- Healthcare benefits (Private Medical Insurance, various extra medical advantages);
- A more active lifestyle with the help of our PentaSport activities;
- French, German and English courses;
- Free pass to learning platforms;
- Meal vouchers;
- Mentorship programs;
- Access to a technology roadmap;
- Full support to upgrade yourself (conferences and certifications);
- New-born maternity grant;
- A front-row seat to PentaBARs – our after-work tech events with a twist.
As a leading European Software Services company operating internationally in France, Romania, Germany, Poland, Moldova, UK, Vietnam, Mexico and USA, we employ over 1,200 engineers and IT experts who work in a very dynamic, multicultural working environment.
At Pentalog, your talents & ambitions are recognized and rewarded; we offer plenty of opportunities to develop as an individual, as well as a professional, and we reward our collaborators who understand the importance of self-improvement.
Deadline for applications: 30.08.2022.
Pentalog je globalna kompletna platforma IT usluga dizajnirana da podrži digitalna i tehnološka preduzeća tokom njihovog životnog ciklusa: dizajn, razvoj, marketing i finansiranje. Primenjuju najbolje prakse Agile, Lean i DevOps da bi vam pomogli da izgradite vrednost proizvoda.
Koriste 3 vrste fleksibilnih modela angažovanja kako bi podržali sve vaše kratkoročne i dugoročne ciljeve: outsourcing, zapošljavanje i honorarno angažovanje. Pomažu vam u izradi održivih strategija koje ubrzavaju rast i pokreću performanse.
Oslanjaju se na 25 godina svetskog iskustva u IT outsourcingu, globalni tim od 1.000 stalno zaposlenih IT inženjera + 50 konsultanata i skup talenata od 300.000 profila koji će osnovati vaš tim i pokrenuti vaš projekat u roku od 4 nedelje.