Funding Options are looking for a talented DevOps Infrastructure Engineer to help reimagine and reinvent how small businesses discover and access the right financial products for their needs. Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, you will be a part of a passionate talented team that is growing and be responsible for achieving the teams roadmap goals.
This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate Engineer who has previously worked at tech scale-up or disruptor (or who has equivalent experience), delivered significant growth and knows what to expect from the challenges of a scaling company.
We work in an agile fashion, small cross functional squads, with daily stand-ups and fortnightly retrospectives. You’ll bring new ideas, and become an integral part of the process of continuously improving our product.
Our stack includes - Python, AWS environments (including Lambda & Fargate), Terraform, CircleCI, React / Gatsby, Sentry and Google BigQuery / Stitch / Metabase.
- Hands on role; reporting into in-house infrastructure engineer and CTO
- Develop in order of priority:
- Develop monitoring and alerting
- Improve API and application logging
- Improve DevOps
- Develop Amazon RDS database obfuscation (to protect customer PII)
- Take ownership of parts of AWS (primarily) and Google infrastructure (only Big Query and not a priority initially)
- Provide guidance to IT infrastructure team (1 person now) and work closely with in-house AWS / DevOps engineer
- Help to define future infrastructures for a scale up
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior members of the team
- Work collaboratively with our engineering team to improve our offering to customers
- Solid experience with AWS and Terraform (or other deployment tools)
- Solid experience in setting up and using AWS monitoring and logging tools and other commercial / open source tools
- Experience with ACLs and setting Amazon RDS data obfuscation (or coming with approach to continue being ISO certified)
- Working with the team to agree events to monitor (product and tech)
- Experience in selection of the tools with AWS or wider
- Understanding of databases and SQL/Amazon RDS
- Experience working in Scrum or Agile development
- In-depth understanding of the entire web deployment process (design, development and deployment)