Founded in 2010, Scrapinghub is a fast growing and diverse technology business turning web content into useful data with a cloud-based web crawling platform, off-the-shelf datasets, and turn-key web scraping services.
We’re a globally distributed team of over 180 Shubbers working from over 30 countries who are passionate about scraping, web crawling, and data science.
About the job:
As a DevOps engineer you'll work closely with developers to make their lives easier through creating automations, your goal is to empower the developers to provide business value and handle everything around running, deploying and upgrading the application.
- Own assigned trouble cases, managing and keeping up with all cases assigned, follow up and resolve cases in accordance with SLAs
- Write tools and scripts to provide automation and self service solutions for ourselves and other teams
- Design and maintain new systems to support production services
- Creatively solve scalability challenges on a rapidly expanding cloud environment
- Help improve monitoring and identify key performance metrics
- Proactive Research and Development - discovering and implementing new tools, emerging technology, etc.
- Design, implement and maintain disaster recovery system
- Troubleshooting and resolution of server/network and application issues
- Proactively ensure service runs with minimal interruptions
- 6+ years experience working as a Linux administrator/engineer at reasonable scale (dozens of systems) and designing/deploying ‘highly available’ solutions
- Experience with Configuration Management systems such as SaltStack or Ansible.
- Solid experience in Linux troubleshooting, tuning, profiling, and monitoring
- Skills in the following programming language: Python, Erlang and Go.
- Experience running microservice applications on containers.
- Solid understanding of network protocols like TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, firewalls, VLANs, DNS.
- Experience with Kafka, Docker, Mesos and Kubernetes is preferred.
- Understanding of load balancing and reverse proxying techniques.
- Highly organized, able to multitask, able to work individually, as well as within a team, and across teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Familiarity with software engineering practices, including n-tier architecture, configuration management, development methodologies (e.g. agile, waterfall, spiral, prototyping), etc.
- Flexibility around working hours - if there is an issue you should use your initiative and help resolve this.
- Maintaining and respecting confidentiality of large amounts of information you have access to.
As a new Shubber, you will:
- Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.
- Have the freedom and flexibility to work from where you do your best work.
- Attend conferences and meet with team members from across the globe.
- Work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.
- 35 days paid holidays
- Enrol in Scrapinghub's Share Option Programme