At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of more than a fourth as many nationalities as we are team members.
We recently raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $108M to date.
About the team
The mission of Developer Experience at Netlify is to ensure end to end quality for our customers. This includes, but is not limited to: making sure our product, messaging, open source repos, and integrations are world-class. This role involves spending part of the year working directly on the product as an engineer, as well as advocating on behalf of users to ensure their success navigating our platform. We are excellent dogfooders: we work with the product and teach people how to use it, but also work to ensure great developer experience.
About the opportunity
Some of the challenges you’ll be working on:
- Working on Netlify tooling and ecosystem materials as they pertain to Vue development.
- Creating and presenting materials, open source demos, and tools that are useful for myriad developers around the world.
- Keeping a keen eye to developer experience in Vue and possibly Nuxt/Gridsome workflows, and improving experiences where they need it.
- Working on our product engineering team for a few months out of the year.
- Supporting others in their work, be it code review, presentation feedback or practice, including providing guidance for strategy.
We are looking for someone who
- At least 2 years of Vue Application engineering experience. Additional Frontend experience as well.
- Understands the developer tools ecosystem.
- Creation and execution of speeches, posts, open source work and creation of other materials for Developer Advocacy.
- Listens to product feedback and effectively presents it to product stakeholders.
In addition, other competencies that we value in candidates:
- You’re comfortable deep-diving into technology and can use what you learn to explain developer workflows to a variety of audiences.
- You can identify features that others might miss to illuminate in a genuine manner.
- You enjoy helping and mentoring other engineers to grow.
- You can adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Nuxt.js experience is not required, but we would value it.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.