Do you have a passion for digital design and an interest in UX or UI design? Join our team to let your creativity flow.
Location: Remote/distributed (EU time zone)
Hours: Part-time, approximately 10 hours per week
#Diversity #WomenInTech #BlackLivesMatter
Who is this for?
This role is ideal for remote freelancers. We're mostly a distributed team with people working worldwide. We’re looking for a digital designer who can also when needed, contribute to user experience (UX) design and user interface (UI) design. Must have strong brand awareness and the ability to help us promote our product and brand to target audiences.
About Symless and Synergy:
Our mission at Symless is to make great apps for people who have multiple computers. Since 2012, Symless has proudly developed Synergy, an app that shares one mouse, one keyboard, and one clipboard between multiple computers. As well as having over 2 million users worldwide, our app is also used at some pretty neat companies like Apple, Pixar, Disney, Google, Amazon, and many more. That said, we're actually a tight-knit team of 20 people, so you won't let lost in the crowd.
What about the role?
Your role will be to design compelling digital assets including digital art for promotional campaigns. You’ll also be making visual design changes to the website, working on email campaigns, assisting with website A/B testing, and promoting our brand across social media. You will also have the opportunity to participate in UX design and improving the UI of our apps.
You'll report directly to the VP of Technology and work closely with our existing UX Designer as well as collaborating with the development team and other departments. You'll have the opportunity to contribute to the UX and UI design (with mentorship and training if needed) of our desktop apps, web apps, and e-commerce website.
Here are a few things you'll be doing:
- Design and create digital assets for various internal departments
- Implement design changes and create new pages on our e-commerce website
- Collaborating on website A/B testing
- Working hand-in-hand with our UX Designer
- Teach others on the team what you learn
- Training is encouraged and paid as needed
You'll also have an opportunity to learn:
- Customer interviews and general design research
- Perform quantitative and qualitative surveys
- Wire-framing and prototyping of user interfaces
- Test newly built designs to find opportunities
- Job requirements
We'll need you to have academic or professional experience with:
- Digital design experience
- Experience designing web and/or desktop apps
- Web technologies, including HTML and CSS
- Working knowledge of one or some of these design packages:
- Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Affinity Designer, Adobe Illustrator, and/or Adobe Photoshop
- Strong brand awareness
This experience would be a bonus:
- UX design
- UI design
Benefits of Joining the Symless Team:
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity for rate increases once per year
- Professional development opportunities
- An environment in which your ideas and professional opinions are valued
- Casual work environment
- Collaborative, creative, and fun team atmosphere
Thanks for checking us out and we look forward to the opportunity to get to know you personally!