Digital Product Designer (Visual Designer)
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens, and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
- Deliver design of icons, layouts, animations, transitions, and micro-behaviors within guidelines of an established design system
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of designers, developers, product owners, and product managers
- Transform conceptual ideas into communicable design solutions
- Create and deliver vector and pixel-perfect layout, guidelines, and assets
- Communicate design concepts clearly, concisely and confidently for stakeholder buy-in
- Manage multiple projects in an agile way
- Mentor other designers in areas that you’re an expert.
What you’ll need
- 3-4 years of experience as a visual design orientated digital product designer
- You have a strong portfolio of UI work with a focus on visual design e.g. icons, layouts, animations, transitions, and micro-behaviors
- Ability to manage own work and be pro-active about finding answers
- Competent in visual design and prototyping tools including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Principle, Zeplin.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Prepare design mock-ups for user testing and iterate designs on user feedback
- Organize and prioritize visual information, an eye for detail and a passion for consistency
- Integrate and work with a co-located team of developers
- Familiarity with best practices for UI design & touch interfaces, especially considering in-car use context
- Handle constructive critique from stakeholders positively and act on it to improve your designs.
- Explore new ways to solve existing problems
- Ability to drive frequently and test design implementations
- Solid time-management and prioritization skills with the ability to do multiple projects at the same time.
Meet your team
We are UX Design, a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. We design software experiences for onboard, hybrid, and online navigation applications – used by hundreds of millions of people around the world. On our team, you’ll see your work transforming connected and embedded navigation around the world.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely, and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.