At ConsenSys we have a vision of a world where data sovereignty and financial well-being is accessible to every person and organization. We believe Ethereum and decentralized protocol technology is a more trustworthy and equitable foundation for how we create and share value across the web. On this trusted, open source foundation, we can accelerate the world’s transition to a universally accessible network of distributed participants where transparency, security and freedom are fundamental.
Our product suite, composed of Truffle, Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. As the leading Ethereum software company, ConsenSys enables developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. To learn more about ConsenSys, and explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
About Protocol Engineering
The Protocols team at ConsenSys builds a suite of open source projects leading development of Ethereum. Some projects that we develop include ConsenSys Quorum, including Hyperledger Besu and GoQuorum, Teku, the Ethereum 2.0 beacon chain client, and Research and Development projects such as sidechains and rollups. Our team's products are used by some of the biggest brands, including JP Morgan, Mastercard, and Microsoft. The Protocols team's expansive experience in building and researching Ethereum protocols provides a unique experience to new joiners to make a stamp on the Ethereum ecosystem from day one.
What you’ll do
As a Distributed Systems Applied Researcher you will work on:
- Designing, specifying and verifying distributed systems by leveraging formal method techniques.
- Conducting theoretical and practical analysis of the performance of distributed systems.
- Designing and analysing incentive systems.
- Collaborating with both internal and external customers and the teams responsible for the actual implementation.
- Researching new techniques for designing, analysing and implementing dependable distributed systems.
- Publishing and presenting research results both internally and externally.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related area.
- Strong mathematical and computer science foundation.
- Experience in analysing the correctness and security of distributed systems.
- Familiarity with the application of formal method techniques.
- Comfortable with “reverse engineering” code in a number of languages including Java, Go, Rust, etc.
- Keen communicator, eager to share your work in a wide variety of contexts, like internal and public presentations, blog posts and academic papers.
- Capable of deep and creative thinking.
- Have a drive for excellence and quality.
- Open to learning and collaborative by nature; willing to give and receive feedback.
- Passionate about blockchain technology in general.
- Able to manage the uncertainties and ambiguities associated with working in a remote-first, distributed, decentralised environment.
Bonus Points for:
- PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related area.
- Experience in the analysis of incentive systems.
- Track record of scientific publications.
- Previous experience in remote or globally distributed teams.
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
ConsenSys je vodeća softverska kompanija Ethereum. Omogućavamo programerima, preduzećima i ljudima širom sveta da grade aplikacije sledeće generacije, pokreću modernu finansijsku infrastrukturu i pristupaju decentralizovanoj mreži. Njihov paket proizvoda - koji se sastoji od Infura, Kuorum, Truffle, Codefi, MetaMask i Diligence - opslužuje milione korisnika, podržava milijarde upita zasnovanih na blockchain-u za svoje klijente i bavio se milijardama dolara u digitalnoj imovini. Ethereum je najveći programabilni blok lanac na svetu, koji prednjači u usvajanju poslova, zajednici programera i DeFi aktivnostima. Na ovoj pouzdanoj osnovi otvorenog koda grade digitalnu ekonomiju sutrašnjice.