First things first – currently, we are on the lookout for Embedded Engineers. If you would like to develop your career further in that direction - click on the apply button, say hi – we’d like to meet you.
At our Belgrade, Kragujevac, Novi Sad, Cacak and Nis offices we are running a number of challenging projects for well-known international companies which are leaders in Software, Telecommunication, Insurance, Finance, IoT, Crypto and Logistics industries (and some of those are on the Fortune 500 list!). We receive an increasing workload from our clients, aim to have long-term relationships with them and therefore are always in a need of hiring more skilled people.
Now, let’s see – you may wonder: what’s in it for you?
We can start off by saying that we are a stable 800+ engineers company (10000+ engineers on a global level!) and one of the largest IT companies in Serbia operating since 1996!
After a successful selection process...
You join us and we suggest a project that would work best for you based on your interests, skills and experience. Don’t worry if you feel less experienced! You’ll be working with top-notch engineers in the team who will be in charge to help you grow, provide support and guidance. And most importantly - you have the last word, and you decide which project suits you the best! You would be a part of an Agile team and have the opportunity to use different tools and technologies. No on-call, unannounced or unpaid overtime.
During your first days you also get a Line Manager, Career Coach and Compensation Reviewer. Yes, alongside your Project/Line Manager, you get a dedicated Software Engineer Career Coach to help you with your personal and professional growth as well as a person who gathers feedback and reviews your compensation regularly.
As a part of our Dev Community...
You would be surrounded by many Software Engineers in Serbia and even more globally – we won’t ever leave you hanging.
In addition to that, you would have access to a wide variety of most popular e-learning platforms (Udemy, Coursera, A Cloud Guru, PluralSight, O’ Reilley Books), internal guided trainings, lectures and bootcamps (both local and global). And if you wish to attend an external conference or to get a certain tech certification – Endava supports that and covers the expenses.
Let’s say you’ve joined us and have been on a project for some time...
You are satisfied but you simply want something new and different. Luckily, we got that scenario covered. We always have a couple of dozen interesting projects and you can pick the one you like the most and continue your career there. We provide you with such opportunities within the company and will support you in driving your career in any direction you want to go!
As for reviews – we have frequent promotion evaluations and transparent grading system with 7 grades (not just the usual Junior, Medior and Senior). The criteria and expectations for each grade are transparent and you can always get more informed easily via different platforms.
Now that we've covered the basics, we would like to tell you more about our long-term client and the team that's looking for a new colleague...
Our client creates beautifully designed and engineered audio and video products
that let you be seen and heard with incredible clarity, wherever you work. Backed by the software, artificial intelligence, analytics and insights to take you far beyond mere connectivity. We are seeking for Embedded System developers for working on project for developing software that runs on latest high-end video devices.
Since you might be interested what your main responsibilities would be, we tried to sum it up to these next bullet points:
- Design, development, debugging, and testing of platform software for complex Linux and Android systems that combines Video/Audio compression codecs
- Requires knowledge in Linux Kernels, drivers, and HAL or robust communications protocols.
- Ability to use common software editor/compiler, source control tools, hardware and software debugging tools
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
What skills do I need?
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with C/C++ development experience
- Experience in working with low level Embedded Linux code
- Experience with Linux Bash (or any other Posix like) environment
- Experience with some of the most commonly used compilers (GNU gcc, Clang, etc.), make scripts (GNU make, Cmake, etc.) and tool chains
- Knowledge of the Android framework/SDK
- Knowledge of Android HAL (IPTV/STB(set top box)) or AOSP(Android open source project)
- Good communications skills
- Work with Video/Audio interfaces, USB or Wi-Fi device streaming protocols
And we would be over the moon if you had...
- Experience with Linux driver development
- Hands-on experience doing bring-up of Linux kernel on ARM-based embedded system (preferably Android based)
- Hands-on experience with USB, Gadgets or HDMI driverss
- Experience with CI/CD procedures and automation tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies
But that’s not all – besides advancing your technical knowledge, we have more benefits prepared for you:
- Private health insurance (with a yearly full medical check-up included) and 5 day 100% paid sick leave
- Permanent contract from day one.
- Working from office or from home – both options are available!
- When you do visit the office, feel free to help yourself to drinks and fruit in all our office locations.
- Your mental health matters to us. Endava Wellbeing program is at your disposal with many useful materials, lectures and books.
- It is also important to stay physically active – we have yoga and functional trainings slots booked for you.
- We are a public company – participate in Endava’s success by buying company's shares at a discounted price.
- Great people know great people - we have referral fees for every successfully completed referral.
- Flexible working hours. You can work 9 to 5. Or 10 to 6. Or some other arrangement. You can manage your time so it suits your needs, if you do everything the others need, on time.
- Company equipment will be waiting for you on your first day. When you set everything up, your company and project onboarding will start.
- If you’ve wanted to improve your English knowledge for quite some time, you will enjoy classes prepared by our very own English teacher.
- A wide variety of soft skills trainings are organized regularly – you are encouraged to pick the ones you are interested in the most.