EBV Elektronik was founded in 1969 and today as a part of Avnet Inc. (Nasdaq: AVT) is the leader in European semiconductor distribution. This success is based on the underlying company philosophy, which was developed a long time ago and which still applies today: operational excellence, flexibility, reliability and execution – with the goal of achieving the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
In order to deliver to its customers complex semiconductor technologies EBV Elektronik works with major semiconductor companies as franchise partners and employs over 300 field sales engineers and application specialists who provide best-in-class in-depth design know-how and application support throughout Europe. For expansion of Belgrade based team of technical specialists, EBV Elektronik is offering the following position: Embedded HW&SW Engineer
We are looking for highly motivated, well organized and dynamic engineers of different experience level for working on state of the art technologies in embedded domain.
- Provide support on EBV Elektronik MCU, sensors and connectivity products and solutions portfolio to the EBV Sales Team for identified business opportunities and formulate satisfactory technical proposals solving customer needs, problems and design challenges.
- Apply applications knowledge in MCU, sensors and connectivity for system and IC component recommendation
- Gain expert level knowledge (HW/SW) in the MCU, sensors and connectivity semiconductor area, obtaining and maintaining the required franchise partners certifications.
- Participate actively in the Application Engineers trainings developing deep technical competence for MCU, sensors and connectivity semiconductors and generic knowledge of the whole EBV product portfolio
- Work together with the regional sales organization and interact with the EBV Technical community and franchise partners application and technology support resources.
- Contribute with technical inputs to the EBV Knowledgebase. Share product and application knowledge with EBV engineering community
- Maintain competitive knowledge of technology and market developments in the electronics industries as well as latest innovations in product development.
Skills and Background Requirements
- BsC or Higher Degree in Computer Science, Electronics or related discipline
- Experience in electronics/semiconductors industry in embedded HW/SW applications engineering or research & development
- Working in customer support roles is a plus
- Areas of expertise: MCUs, sensors, connectivity interfaces (UART, SPI, I2C, USB, Bluetooth, CAN, LoRa etc)
- Embedded SW/HW experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Development with ARM Cortex series based on SDK and library, GNU ARM toolchain experience, basic knowledge of alternative toolchains (IAR, KEIL) desired
- Experience with different microprocessors and belonging tool chains
- Experience with Linux, RTOS or bare metal real-time
- Schematic/PCB design experience CAD tools (Altium, OrCAD, KiCad, Eagle…)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Perl...)
- Fluent in English, verbally and in writing. Other European languages are a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills being a team player and relationship building capabilities
- Willing to travel occasionally (internationally)
- International Work Environment
- Integration Program in a Professional, Young & Dynamic Team with Professional Development Opportunities
- Competitive Salaries & Benefits
- Additional health insurance package and social activities