Get to know us
eyeo is an open-source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus, Adblock and Adblock Browser, and whose privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange to offer creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the content they provide.
In combining our reach of distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 225 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What you'll do
We’re now looking for multiple Engineering leads, to strengthen our teams. As an Engineering lead at eyeo your primary responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and have what they need to be successful at eyeo. You are also responsible for the delivery of your team, enabling productive and sustainable ways of working and ensuring that the team has sound engineering practices and a technology strategy that supports delivering business value.
As a lead for strong engineers, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. You'll have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution. We’re a growing organization so you need to be comfortable creating clarity for yourself and your team, even in a changing environment.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to…
- Collaborate with the team’s Product Manager and Agile Coach in building a high performing, happy team, that continuously improves and delivers value to our customers
- Deliver Machine Learning solutions to enable automated ad filtering, through continuous improvement of our technical documentation, as well as a fast and reliable support to the Engineers in implementation.
- Support and grow your engineers, through hiring, onboarding, mentoring, coaching, feedback and hands-on career development
- Build a sustainable, inclusive engineering and team culture that is collaborative, inclusive, respectful and in line with eyeo’s core values.
- Encourage, empower, and celebrate the learnings and successes of your team and people.
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-quality technology and releasing things quickly
- Facilitate necessary technical and architectural discussions and decision making within the team and across teams
- Ensure the engineers in your team have the right skills, processes and tools to deliver and release predictably against business goals
- Contribute to and translate the overall technical strategy of the unit and of eyeo into projects and deliverables and help engineers understand how their daily work contributes to it.
- Collaborate with other leads of the company and unit in setting and executing strategy
What you bring to the table...
- You have proven experience in managing and leading cross-functional software engineering teams
- Experience with continuous improvement and Agile software development, particularly in collaboration with products
- You have experience recruiting and hiring engineering talent, combined with bringing new starters up to speed
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A software engineering background that allows you to establish credibility with your team and support them
It's awesome, but not required if you know about...
- Machine learning know-how
- Experience with web standards
- Experience with browser and/or browser extension development
- Remote work experience
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation + 1 volunteer day
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons
Uz pomoć međunarodne mreže volontera, razvijaju softver otvorenog koda koji milioni ljudi svakodnevno koristi da bi imali bolje iskustvo na mreži. Njihova rešenja, kao što je Adblock Plus, koji je preuzet više od 300 miliona puta, pomažu korisniku da bude u kontroli nad sadržajem koji će videti na mreži. Pored ovog, grade i softver koji podstiče pozitivne, informativne prakse oglašavanja i zaštite privatnosti.