Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus, Adblock and Adblock Browser, and whose privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange to offer creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the content they provide.
In combining our reach of distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 225 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What you’ll do
The Adblock Plus core and the Web Extension SDK built on top of it enable browser extensions to integrate ad-filtering capabilities, to improve user experience by blocking ads that don’t meet the Acceptable Ads criteria, and supporting online content creators via monetization.
As the Engineering lead for the ABP Web Extension SDK, your primary responsibility is ensuring that the engineers you support have what they need to be successful at eyeo and grow professionally. You are also responsible for the delivery of business value in your team, frequently but always in a sustainable way. Finally, you aim to constantly improve our partners’ experience, and to position eyeo as a trusted advisor that provides technical expertise supported by objective facts and metrics.
As a lead for strong engineers, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must. You'll have the opportunity to influence the culture, and work with your team on strategy and execution.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
Support the engineers in the team:
- Ensure they have the right skills through hiring, onboarding, mentoring and hands-on career development.
- Build a team culture that is collaborative, inclusive and respectful.
- Encourage, empower, and celebrate learnings and successes.
- Create clarity for yourself and your team in a changing environment (we are a growing organization).
Take responsibility for technical delivery:
- Collaborate with the team to ensure the right engineering practices, processes and tools are in place.
- Maintain a balance between building high-quality technology, preventing technical debt, and releasing quickly.
- Improve the quality and stability of the SDK across multiple platforms.
- Facilitate necessary technical and architectural discussions and decision making, within the team and across teams.
- Contribute to the overall technical strategy of the unit and of eyeo, translate it into projects and deliverables, and help engineers understand how their daily work contributes to it.
- Provide our partners with fast and reliable support, throughout the initial integration and ongoing maintenance.
What you bring to the table…
- Experience in leading cross-functional software development teams working on strategically important products
- Experience with continuous improvement and agile software development, particularly in collaboration with product managers/owners
- Experience designing the architecture of complex software components
- A thorough understanding of how the web works (e.g. protocols, stack)
- Passion about introducing software engineering best practices and having an impact on large-scale tech problems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
It's awesome, but not required, if you have…
- Knowledge of browser internals and/or browser extension development
- Experience designing and maintaining SDKs and/or libraries
- Experience working in open source projects
- Knowledge about other programming languages (as an example, other SDKs are developed using Java, Kotlin, C++, or Swift)
- Understanding of the ad tech landscape and content blocking
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation + 1 volunteer day
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons
Uz pomoć međunarodne mreže volontera, razvijaju softver otvorenog koda koji milioni ljudi svakodnevno koristi da bi imali bolje iskustvo na mreži. Njihova rešenja, kao što je Adblock Plus, koji je preuzet više od 300 miliona puta, pomažu korisniku da bude u kontroli nad sadržajem koji će videti na mreži. Pored ovog, grade i softver koji podstiče pozitivne, informativne prakse oglašavanja i zaštite privatnosti.