We’re looking for an engineering leader with a strong background in managing a high- performing team of Incident Response. As an engineering manager, you’ll be responsible for people engagement and growth, overseeing project goals, contributing to overall strategy, and collaborating with cross-functional teams. We need someone who is comfortable in a fast-moving environment with lots of moving pieces.
You will be responsible for our team that performs in-depth troubleshooting of all issues that arise, support the team on owning the overall troubleshooting and monitoring of complex systems, as well as support them and guide them on their career development.
This is a career-defining opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing tech company that is successfully implementing a key piece of the world’s blockchain infrastructure that will power the digital agreements of the future
- As a manager, you can successfully coach and inspire a talented and senior team
- Develop & document workflow / process /life cycle of incident escalation, incident management, incident response, and incident resolution. Continue to inspect and adapt the process
- Ensure a successful on-call rotation and be part of it
- Lead Post Incident Reviews and Problem Management meetings with key stakeholders and service owners to review events and opportunities for ongoing improvement in both technical and procedure areas
- Lead the effort in developing and automating playbooks
- Identify opportunities and take ownership for automation and/or continuous improvement of Incident Management processes and best practices. You creatively scale the Incident Response Program with an emphasis on automation, testing, experimentation, and training
- Proactively communicate with leadership: provide context around risks/blockers/meline, seek guidance, and recommend a direction
- Demonstrated experience managing or leading similar teams of > 4 engineers
- 5+ years of professional incident response/systems administration experience, with 3+ years of managerial experience.
- Knowing your way around the Ethereum ecosystem and using common blockchain explorer and smart contract tools
- Previous experience and knowledge of our tech stack: JSON, AWS, ELK, alerting and monitoring tools
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink je decentralizovana Oracle mreža. Ova kompanija je poznata po tome što velikim preduzećima pruža veoma siguran i pouzdan način za razvoj pametnih ugovora.