Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and Kubernetes revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure and operate cloud-native applications in production. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems, and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
We are searching for an Engineering Manager to lead the architecture, design and delivery of the services, data storage and data pipelines that make up the Monitoring Platform. Reporting to our Director of Engineering, Monitor Product, this person will be instrumental in the development and architecture of our enterprise cloud platform and will be chartered with leading and scaling a seasoned team of developers based in Belgrade, Serbia. We expect that you will collaborate closely with our product managers, engineering leaders, architects and designers to influence product direction and design; and deliver complex high performing, high quality, scalable software products. We’re seeking a motivational leader who can recruit, mentor, and retain top-tier talent.
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many cross-functional teams, architects, product owners and engineers, balancing rigor and process against velocity
- Manage and guide the team by providing mentorship, nurturing career growth, and building positive relationships.
- Build teams based on trust, transparency, accountability and ownership.
- Hands-on engineering work when necessary. You should be comfortable assisting less-experienced engineers, be actively involved in troubleshooting efforts, and be able to personally take on engineering work if needed.
- Actively participate in removing obstacles for the team towards pushing the business forward.
- Collaborate with Product management on capacity and sprint planning.
- Exemplify customer and employee first culture.
- Draw on customer feedback and operational data to quickly iterate and evolve our products and services
- Communicate at all levels, including strategic, planning, and technical.
- Nurture career growth with the team members by establishing continuous feedback and growth opportunities.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to coordinate, plan, and communicate progress with leads from other engineering teams, program management, release management, dev-ops, product management and customer facing teams
- You have ideally built/led high performing teams in startups and/or large companies and have learned how to balance the strengths of each.
- Experience recruiting and developing talent, and managing in a global, geographically distributed organization
- Successful background leading the development and delivery of complex, enterprise class software
- You are decisive and have an execution mindset.
- You have demonstrated good judgement on organically hiring the right candidates.
- You are able to communicate effectively to stakeholders and the team.
- You have participated in planning, defining roadmaps and executing predictably.
- Domain expertise in big data, ML, system level software or cloud services is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery and Integration best practices
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services (AWS) preferred
- Experience with Service and Micro-Service Oriented Architecture, RESTful APIs, Real Time Data Ingestion and Processing Pipeline, Structured and Unstructured Data Storage
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain technical roadmap to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to drive engineering work in a hands-on fashion when needed
- Deep understanding and experience with Software Development Lifecycle methodologies
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including requirements analysis, architecture and design, risk assessment
Domain exposure in one or several of the following areas a plus:
- Virtualization and “The Cloud” (AWS, GCE, Azure, Softlayer, VMware, OpenStack)
- Big Data. Key to distributed applications
- Metrics, Monitoring, and Alerting
- Java, AWS, Linux, Mac OSX
- Persistent data stores and queueing systems
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one who solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale – and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses: employee wellness, housecleaning services, home internet, phone expenses, office supplies, office furniture
- Flexible working hours
- Some of our hiring managers are based internationally, an up to date CV in English would be appreciated.