At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of more than a fourth as many nationalities as we are team members.
We recently raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $108M to date.
About the role:
The role breaks down into three big parts:
- Expansion: We are rapidly hiring and we need to expand the team. You will help us continue to build a diverse and inclusive team. This involves identifying skills the team needs, shepherding candidates through the hiring process, and building a more reliable, unbiased, and fair hiring process.
- Delivery: Balancing technical debt and new features is always nuanced. You will partner with the product management team to manage this balance in accordance with the needs of the business. You will help define a project management process to help delivery and predictability with the goal of continuously shipping code to production.
- Cultivation: You'll be instrumental in growing the careers of the individual engineers on your team. This means being their advocate and helping guide them in the direction they want. It also means being a culture driver on the team, fostering a positive, trusting, and supportive team.
- We have a small headquarters in San Francisco but we are a largely distributed engineering team. You will need to enable the team to work productively across different timezones. Fostering good habits of documentation, empathy, integrity to delivery on committed work are some of the key elements for success on our team. Experience working and managing remote teams is a big plus.
- Experienced manager of a technical backend team, especially around infrastructure development
- Understanding of how engineering teams collaborate and track a project delivery
- Familiarity, or willingness to learn, about the underlying system architecture of a PaaS (e.g. APIs, databases, distributed systems)
- Commitment to designing a hiring process that is fair, efficient, and repeatable
- Communicate priorities and expectations to both team and leadership
- Passion for mentorship and advocacy for your team members in their career development
- Ability to work across multiple timezones with remote colleagues
- A desire to succeed personally through the health and success of the team
About the team:
The Traffic & Delivery team is responsible for one of our core features: serving customer content. They are focused on the lifecycle of a single web request, determining what to do with it. This means much of the work they do operates on our edge infrastructure, a global network spanning 6 cloud providers. The team will work in a combination of Go, Rust, Ruby, and C++ across our different services.
The product work that we are focused on is making the edge logic more accessible to external developers. For instance, the team is working to offer edge handlers as a feature, the ability for our external developers to deploy JS that we will invoke in the request cycle for them. As part of this undertaking they're having to update much of our core architecture that goes into serving our customers. All while not dropping any requests.
The team is also responsible for supporting services for the requests. This includes services for delivering external developer invocation logs, improving the edge deployment story, and network purging to name a few. They will work in conjunction with many other teams to deliver these capabilities (e.g. Support, SRE, Backend) be they internal or customer facing.
Because stability is our north star in infrastructure this team often has to be concerned with resilience and fault tolerance. They work very closely with the SRE team to make sure that in the event of incidents (e.g. bad deploy, cloud outage, etc), the system can adapt and continue to serve traffic. They're also constantly iterating on their tool chain to improve the developer pace can be improved while increasing the confidence we have in the system.
Right now the team is split between US and EU timezones to provide follow the sun coverage. Often coordination will have to take into account lag, timezones, and autonomy. The goal being to have Traffic & Delivery resources available whenever the company needs them.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.