The Magic Media group is a media and tech start-up powered by creativity and innovation. We are a group with brands with a physical presence in 13 countries and expertize in the areas of art, animation, cybersecurity, game development, software development and VFX amongst others. We work with leading developers and publishers within the games industry, providing support and solutions designed around individual needs and carried out by global experts.
We’re currently looking for a dynamic Engineering Manager who specializes in Unreal. The ideal candidate will have extensive full-time Unreal programming experience in games. As an engineering manager you will be responsible for several Unreal team members, their career paths, soft-skills and will hand-on help them to achieve better results every day. Together with the CTO you will create a long-term strategy for all people related to Unreal game development.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- Collaborate with several teams at the same time
- Have constant communication with all members of your team
- Coach members from junior to leaders
- Serve as an expert for clients
- Work hand-on a few hours per day
- Great understanding of modern Unreal C++ and Blueprints
- Strong skills in Unreal having delivered a few titles at least
- Capable of mentoring, from juniors to leaders
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to new technological changes as per project need
- 6+ years of experience in game development
- 3+ years as a Unreal game developer
- Previous experience as Lead Developer or Engineering Manager
- A passion for video games
- Mentored leaders
- Have worked on several projects at the same time
- Experienced with multiplayer gameplay systems, network replication, core engine, and Virtual Reality technologies
- Solid technical foundation (e.g. Computer Science / Maths Degree or equivalent)
- Permanently remote position
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects
- Be part of an international Group with offices worldwide
- Career growth and development
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- An inclusive culture and open communication
At Magic Media, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, whether it be on console, PC, or mobile. We know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. Therefore, we work hard to find experts and talented creators to deliver the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!
Magic Media is an international tech group powered by building creativity and protecting innovation.
We are home to an expansive group of professionals and industry-leading experts across all avenues from interactive entertainment, software, application and game development to cybersecurity, VFX, art and animation.