Adzerk is a cloud-based service for building custom ad serving solutions quickly and easily. We are looking for an Engineering Manager with 5-10 years experience managing a geographically distributed engineering team.
In this role, you will...
- Build an environment where geographically distributed engineers can grow and advance
- Help the team deliver quality work on time, harnessing our “constrained chaos”
- Collaborate with product management to set goals and plan engineering work on a quarterly basis
- Structure the engineering team as it grows over time, including how it works with Product Management
- Create and refine processes for managing engineering work that help ensure stakeholders are aware of what is being worked on and when it will be complete
You will be managing an engineering team that values...
- Constant improvement. If your processes have a way to improve themselves, you’ll never be stuck in a rut. We hold retros, and we value and protect the ability of any team member to say, “This can and should be better.” We value experimentation, especially when coupled with measurement.
- Balance. We’re a collaborative team. We kick ideas around. The more viewpoints we have, the more likely we are to hear a good idea we haven’t thought of. We all have the opportunity to work on all parts of the system. No one is stuck working on the legacy systems full time.
- Working to live, not living to work. We take our work seriously. We strive to make the best software we can for our clients. But we know that “release death marches” are not the way to achieve this. Software is a marathon, not a sprint. We work hard, but at a sustainable pace, and do better work as a result.
- Autonomy. One of our core values as a company is, “We’re all adults.” We do code reviews and sometimes we pair program, but we trust each other. If you thought about the problem and have an opinion, your teammates will listen.
- Mastery. Our CEO started out as a software engineer. Our VP of Engineering writes Clojure. We have an engineering team with decades of collective experience writing high-quality, fault-tolerant distributed systems. We love taking on and solving hard problems. We love learning.
- A sense of purpose. We know what problem we’re trying to solve: to provide a first-rate ad serving platform to our global customers while continuing to evolve our product to meet the needs of the future.
Adzerk has been helping brands innovate ad serving since 2009. We are the market leader in ad serving APIs and handle 3 billion+ API requests a day. We're trusted by innovative brands like Yelp, Mozilla, Ticketmaster, WeTransfer, Lamar, and Bed Bath & Beyond.
Adzerk is based in Durham, NC with locations in San Francisco and London. We embrace remote working culture with over half of our team working outside of Durham, spread across the United States and United Kingdom. Adzerk is proud to be an inclusive workplace with one goal in common — we want to make the internet a better place.