MENU is looking for an Engineering Manager who will be responsible for managing a high-performing team of skilled developers, designers and QA engineers to make sure they are actively contributing to our engineering organization’s joint efforts to create the best possible platform and experience for our customers.
The Engineering Manager at MENU will be at the epicenter of building the most advanced commerce platform for restaurants.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for their team and should give their members the support they need to succeed as a team and as individuals. They are also responsible for helping the HR team to hire more exceptional talent. The Engineering Manager will own development commitments and continuously work with their team and the larger organization to increase efficiency and productivity.
Type of contract: Permanent
The key functions of the Engineering Manager include:
- Build and manage a high-performing full-stack team of developers, designers and QA engineers
- Grow their team’s skills and abilities through coaching and mentoring
- Hire, onboard and retain exceptional engineering and design talent
- Partner with Product Managers to execute against their product strategy, vision and priorities
- Define project plans and timelines with their team and make sure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Set clear expectations, as well as create a safe and positive work environment
- Run Agile/Scrum processes within the team
- Drive collaboration with other teams in the engineering organization to create the best possible outcome
- Take the lead on driving technical improvements within their team’s domain, including refactoring and introduction of new technology initiatives
- Continuously explore ways to increase engineering efficiency and productivity
- Implement KPIs and performance management programs to measure and increase their team’s business impact
- Support with the code-level implementation of their team’s priorities (30 – 35%)
- Minimum 3 years of recent experience as an Engineering Manager or similar technical leadership role on a team building customer-facing products
- Proven experience managing a cross-functional team to deliver projects built on complex distributed systems on time and on budget
- Experience building reliable and scalable high-availability enterprise applications
- In-depth technical understanding of one or more languages: PHP (Laravel / Lumen), Vue.JS, Swift, Java (Android), C# / .NET and/or Python
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with a wide audience: customers, development, product management and senior management teams
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects under limited supervision, including timelines, tasks, teams, group dynamics, etc.
- Willingness to do what it takes to ensure the team accomplishes its goals
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and “can-do” attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to dive deep into technical details, while maintaining an understanding of the big picture
- Strong English language skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with event-driven systems/architecture
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working for a B2B SaaS company
- Opportunity to participate in creating a global industry-changing product
- Great international team and informal start-up atmosphere
- Strong company culture and team spirit
- Opportunity to learn and improve technical and soft skills
- Possibilities for career development as the company grows
- 25 vacation days
- Competitive salary
- Equity incentives
- Home office
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Launched in 2014 as an innovative IT start-up in Switzerland, MENU has grown into a strong and sustainable company that enables sophisticated ecommerce for restaurant brands. Its modular ecosystem with a central data hub encompasses both direct order and engagement channels – web, mobile & kiosk – and integrations with delivery marketplaces, Google & social media channels.
Striving to support restaurants in enhancing customer experience and boosting their growth worldwide, MENU has gained a strong foothold in the markets in Europe and the Americas, and is certified by ultra-large restaurant brands. In order to provide innovative and best-in-class solutions and services to its customers around the world, MENU fully relies on its team and is devoted to hiring passionate professionals.
MENU Co-Founder and CPO Marlon Koch was 14 years old at the time he came up with the initial idea for the product and wrote the first version of the code. In 2014 he founded the company together with Karl, released MVP and hired the product teams. Already in 2015 an IT hub was established in Serbia, and, since then, we have been only expanding both our team and our solution. Some of the people that joined MENU at that time are still with us.
What sets us apart and makes us unique is the level of product sophistication, how long we have been on this journey, and the experience we have gathered so far. Our team plays a key role in the success of our company and our customers, so we are always on the lookout for talented individuals who are passionate about technology and interested in growing within an in-house product company. Those who join MENU will receive full support to do their best, and together we'll go a long way to help digitalization efforts in the restaurant industry.
Sounds interesting? Check out our open roles and apply - https://www.menu.app/careers/
na osnovu 2 recenzije
Karijera / privatni život
Iskustvo o radu
Remote work Flexible work hours Stock options Amazing team and great team buildings Growth opportunities
Fast paced environment can be very demanding.
Prosečna neto plata
QA Specialist 1 plata
Strong company culture
Informal business environment
Private Health Insurance
Team building events - local and abroad
Remote work and flexi start
Conferences and courses
Stock Option Plan
25 vacation days and 10 days fully covered sick leave