NGL, a Pollard Banknote Company, is looking for passionate, self-motivated and experienced Engineering Manager to join the Technology department. An Engineering Manager at NGL plays a key role in supporting development teams and is accountable for their effectiveness. You will work closely with our development teams, supporting them in goal setting, planning, focus and self-organization
- Building and maintaining highly effective development teams
- Supporting team members in delivering committed projects
- Working closely with Product Managers, Project Managers, and other Engineering Managers within the company in creating a world-class software development operation capable of delivering premium solutions to our clients
- Ensure and support a motivating and challenging work environment that enables the development team to grow their skills and professional development
- Support projects with estimates and timeline planning, according to project needs
- Maintain a detailed team plan and support company level capacity and demand overview
- Conduct employee coaching conversations, along with HR
- Responsible for recruiting and retaining qualified development team members along with onboarding, continuous evaluation, and education
- Adopt, support, and continuously improve the Agile framework practices at the company level
- Support and evolve practices to increase the efficiency of Agile teams around Lean-Agile values
- Ensuring team members follow defined processes and encourage them to proactively contribute to process improvements
- Participate in project planning sessions as needed
- Participate, as needed, in coordination for resolving critical production issues
- You are passionate about agile software processes, reliability and testability
- You have a strong understanding of Scrum, Kanban and other various Agile practices
- You thrive on helping teams organize themselves
- You have strong communication, teamwork and problem-solving skills
- You value team success over personal success
- You are flexible to adapt your approach and communication style to fit varying contexts and situational needs
- You are not afraid to raise issues and inspire change and continuous improvement
- You are experienced working in a product-driven organisation environment
- Organized and disciplined work ethic
- Solid English skills, both written and spoken
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar management role
We emphasize having a great working environment and offer the following to our employees:
- A truly great working environment
- Modern office space in Belgrade with high quality equipment
- Private health insurance
- Happy Fridays
- Social activities
- Events that encourage innovation
- Attending conferences and community events, both as participants and contributors
NGL is a full-solution supplier of lottery management and iLottery technology for world-wide lottery markets. The company is owned by Pollard Banknote Ltd. – a leading partner to more than 60 lotteries worldwide, providing high quality instant ticket products, licensed games, retail merchandising solutions, and a full suite of digital offerings. Established in 1907 in Winnipeg, Canada, Pollard Banknote is owned approximately 66.7% by the Pollard family and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (PBL).
NGL’s objective is to deliver the most innovative solutions that will render industry-leading returns to good causes in an ethically responsible way. NGL emphasizes a friendly, lively and respectful workplace atmosphere, where team spirit is highly valued.
Please submit your resume in English language. All applications will be handled with confidentiality. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send applications electronically.
Deadline for applications: 03.10.2021.