Can you imagine building a product that reinvents the way transportation is being used by hundreds of thousands of people every day? Instead of purchasing a vehicle, people use a service to get from A to B. Continue reading this job post to get the chance to be part of a fast-growing startup success story, building a global SaaS platform for new mobility and changing transportation how we know it today.
Your place in the team
The goUrban Engineering Team is looking for a product driven Engineering Manager to participate in all aspects of software development while providing leadership to a team of outstanding engineers. You'll support the team in building the next generation mobility solution, getting direct feedback of some of the worlds biggest mobility providers.
The ideal candidate has both technical and leadership experience and isn't afraid to jump in and lead by example. Our autonomous teams are empowered to take independent decisions with your guidance so there's a great opportunity for you to have a true impact.
You will report directly to the Head of Engineering and will be leading, coaching, and mentoring 6-10 cross functional engineers.
What you would be working on
- Lead, grow, and inspire your team to perform at the highest level and successfully deliver their best output in a fast-paced environment
- Plan, coordinate and execute strategically important product initiatives to serve our strategic as well as client-driven roadmaps
- Closely collaborate with the Product Manager, Tech Lead, and Designer of the team to ensure solving the problems having the biggest business impact
- Observe and identify potential blockers for the team ahead of time and enable them to build sustainable solutions built for long-term endeavours
- Keep an eye on the teams’ deliverables and maintain a high engineering quality based on our best practices while keeping communicated deadlines
- Align the team by creating inspiring Objectives and Key results based on the company wide OKRs
- Communicate unambiguous and actionable feedback in regular 1:1 sessions with all your team members
- Develop tailored personal development plans and goals for all engineers in your teams to assist them growing towards their personal end goal
- Serve as a safe haven for your team to get through tough times or personal conflicts
- Closely collaborate with our Head of Engineering to drive the Engineering culture and corresponding initiatives
- Support us in thinking outside the box and shaping a unique engineering culture to develop products that people love
Our Tech Stack:
- Backend: ****Java, Spring Boot, Scala, Akka, PostgreSQL, Cassandra
- Other: AWS, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes
- You think our stack is outdated? Challenge us and propose a new technology that might spice it up.
The goUrban hustle
At goUrban our people come first. Our outstanding culture at work is the first step to building leading products. This mindset and the claim to change global transportation to something better makes the drive of our people and work environment at goUrban special. Achieving our vision to power new mobility in urban transportation, corporate fleet sharing, rental services and vehicle subscription services requires a long-term commitment we are willing to undertake. This commitment is towards our clients, partners and team. Through constant reflection and dedication to having an impact on a better future of transportation, every single person at goUrban is an ambassador for sustainable and efficient shared mobility.
Benefits we have for you
- Very competitive salaries
- Private health insurance
- Shared vehicles for private use
- 25 days of holiday
- Hybrid work environment
- Equipment (MAC or PC)
- Team building budget
- Regular company social events
- Once per year international company gathering
- Free parking in the city center
- Truly flexible working hours
- ...filled by you
Qualifications that are important to us
- Ability to lead teams effectively and provide guidance in ambiguous situations. You have the ability to influence technical discussions and are able to contribute to the development and future growth of software engineers
- Experience in a leadership role with demonstrated deep knowledge of the development of digital products, all the way from experimentation to continuous improvement in an agile environment
- Experience in communicating business requirements to different stakeholders outside the Engineering area
- Capability to perform regular performance reviews and derive new development goals or improvement strategies
- Hands-on personality, self-driven, somebody who likes to be involved rather sitting on the sidelines
- You are highly collaborative, focused on building relationships across all departments
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
- Engineering and problem solving mindset
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team
Let’s be authentic and creative together!
Can you imagine building a solution that reinvents the way that transportation is being used by hundreds of thousands of people every day? Instead of purchasing a vehicle, people use a service to get from A to B.
We are the operating system for shared mobility. Our clients are shared mobility operators and bring affordable transportation solutions to people all over the world, making millions of trips every year.
Our product is being used globally to drive the change to a better and more sustainable transportation. The mobility tech suite is an operating system for shared mobility empowering operators to run their service with cars, mopeds, bikes, or kick scooters anywhere in the world. Our vehicle cloud ensures the availability of vehicles and IoTs within the vehicles 24/7. The maintenance tools are making sure that vehicles are always ready for being rented.
You are welcome to come to our office and try our operating system and let us know what you think!