Experienced Backend Engineer - C#/.Net Core
Experienced Backend Engineer - C#/.Net Core
Do you enjoy collaborating in a consultative environment and guiding people using best practices to achieve great results? Do you want to influence and contribute to the growth of a high performing, quality focused team? If so, Theorem wants to know more about you!
Theorem is a software consultancy that believes in simplicity in software design. We deliver solutions for startups and enterprises - You can see our portfolio to learn more about the results we've delivered for our clients.
This is a remote role. We are a remote first company with offices in Los Angeles and New York. We have team members all around the world. This role sits in a team that collaborates and works in congruency with other development teams in a more structured environment.
While Theorem is a remote first company and we usually consider candidates from all over, due to project requirements, this particular role does have a location requirement of -3 to -8 UTC.
At Theorem you can make a significant impact while enjoying a flexible work schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and build scalable enterprise web applications within .NET Core ecosystem
- Write lots of clean, readable, and reusable C# code
- Engage daily with your distributed, remote engineering team working on different layers of the infrastructure
- Collaborate with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build products
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a remote, distributed team environment
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
- 5 + years of professional experience
- Strong server side development experience utilizing .NET Technologies
- Hands on professional experience using .NET Core is a strong plus
- Experience with web application frameworks, such as ASP.NET Core
- Expertise in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- You enjoy writing reusable libraries and clean, readable C# code
- Good knowledge of design and architectural patterns and development best practices
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in C#
- Previous experience building scalable enterprise web applications
- Have previous experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Good understanding of CLR and its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Strong hands on experience using Git is required
- Previous experience using TFS is a plus
- Previous professional experience with cloud providers is required. Experience with Azure is definitely a plus
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Previous remote work experience is required
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams
- Possess a passion for software development
- Possess a drive to get things done
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Previous consulting experience is a strong plus
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Pacific Time Zone - UTC -7
You like to get the work done! You want to collaborate in a consultative environment and guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success in addition to contributing to the growth of a great company. We want to know more about you!
Theorem is a team of experts steeped in the theory and practice of mathematics and computer science. This is the core of our iterative, hypothesis-driven process. We are craftspeople who build amazing products for global brands. We believe in cultivating a high degree of leadership and technical excellence in all of our team members. Together we build technology driven systems, services, applications, and platforms that solve our customers' business-critical problems.
While we have offices in LA and New York, we work remotely with team members around the world
- 100% REMOTE - Work from your remote location if you are not called to travel to client site
- TEAM RETREATS - We get together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play
- HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness and continuing education benefits program.
Theorem expects team members to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment are not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, skills development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of our relationship, will be made without regard to race, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment engagement status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, physical features, or any other protected status. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination.
Theorem is an equal opportunity employer.
No statements by Theorem are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in a writing signed by an officer of the company and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.