Experienced Backend Engineer - Ruby
Experienced Backend Engineer - Ruby
Do you enjoy collaborating in a consultative environment and guiding people using best practices to achieve great results? Do you want to influence and contribute to the growth of a high performing, quality focused team? If so, Theorem wants to know more about you!
Theorem is a software consultancy that believes in simplicity in software design. We deliver solutions for startups and enterprises - You can see our portfolio to learn more about the results we've delivered for our clients.
This is a remote role. We are a remote first company with offices in Los Angeles and New York. We have team members all around the world. This role sits in a team that collaborates and works in congruency with other development teams in a more structured environment.
While Theorem is a remote first company and we usually consider candidates from all over, due to project requirements, this particular role does have a location requirement of -3 to -8 UTC.
At Theorem you can make a significant impact while enjoying a flexible work schedule.
Your Responsibilities As Experienced Ruby Engineer at Theorem:
- Architect and build web applications using Ruby
- Be a leader-contributor on a team creating a distributed system that will change the way people shop and interact in a retail environment
- Collaborate with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build products
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a remote, distributed team environment
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
- 5 + years of professional software development experience
2+ years of production experience utilizing Ruby on Non-Rails environments
- Previous remote work experience
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams
- Possess a passion for software development
- Possess a drive to get things done
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous consulting experience
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Pacific Time Zone - UTC -7
Theorem is an innovation and engineering company that advises clients on product strategy, engineering, design, and culture, then partners with them to build and launch technology-driven solutions to their most complex problems. Theorem is chosen by clients when results matter most - becoming the agent of change, and driving a transformation that involves not only technology, but also people, process and leadership. Founded in 2007, and headquartered in Los Angeles, Theorem's global team of engineers, designers, technologists, researchers, strategists, and advisors, has deep expertise across a broad variety of industries including consumer electronics, automotive, manufacturing, supply chain, healthcare, finance, and entertainment.
While we have offices in LA and New York, we work remotely with team members around the world
- REMOTE FIRST - Work from your remote location if you are not called to travel to client site
- TEAM RETREATS - We get together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play
- HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness and continuing education benefits program.
Theorem expects team members to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment are not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, skills development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of our relationship, will be made without regard to race, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment engagement status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, physical features, or any other protected status. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination.
Theorem is an equal opportunity employer.
No statements by Theorem are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in a writing signed by an officer of the company and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.