Experienced UX Developer
Our an ideal candidate would combine the best of both worlds – ability to come up with cool responsive web designs, and the technical know-how to participate in executing them.
We are a small team and don’t have enough work for a dedicated designer. We are hoping to find someone with a terrific eye for details, but who also isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty a bit.
What you will be working on:
You will primarily be involved in the design and visual presentation of our financial asset exchange platform - xcalibra.com. It is a complicated application, with lots of real-time updates, compliance-mandated identity checks, whitelabel solutions and a whole lot more. We are planning on significantly improving the design and UX of the site, and need someone to guide us through. Xcalibra also has a fleet of related websites, products and admin panels which will need work too.
You would be our ideal candidate if:
- You have at least 3 years of experience designing web applications. The more complicated, interaction-driven your products were, the better.
- You can style a website using HTML and CSS. Not only do you understand what designs can be created using the web stack, but you can also create them as well.
- You can use Adobe suite or similar software to manipulate assets produced by graphical designers or even create simple visuals yourself.
- You are extremely detail oriented, with a great eye for details. You are never satisfied with the first draft. You are willing to go back to the drawing board again and again until the design looks just right.
- You are a good communicator. You can talk with a salesperson or a customer, and convert their confused ideas into workable designs.
- You are proactive. You hate sitting idly, waiting on feedback. Instead, you propose new ideas or go back to fix previous features that never quite sat right with you. You are OK with a flat organizational structure.
- You are comfortable communicating in English, in written and verbal form.
Benefits of working at Balkaneum:
- No outsourcing, no dealing with clients or salesmen - we work on our own products
- Small teams in good offices (no open office layout), ergonomic chairs
- Great computers, choose between a high-powered PC or a Mac
- Private health insurance
- Company-provided free lunch every day
- Fully stocked fridge, coffee
- Competitive salary
- Gym membership
- Company sponsored trips to conferences and meetups
- Bonuses based on team achievements
We are located in Belgrade city center, near the Parliament building.
With your application, please provide a portfolio or sample of your work. You can also include your open source code profile (github, bitbucket...), stack overflow account, hacker rank link, a design competition link or anything else that demonstrates your craftsmanship.