Our Frontend Engineers are responsible for developing high performance, responsive user interfaces for Circonus. The clean, intuitive, and beautiful user interfaces you build will play a critical role in the Circonus user experience -- allowing users to navigate through data and visually manipulate massive data sets to gain new insights.
In particular, we’re seeking someone to help lead an effort to rewrite a legacy jQuery-based application with Vue.js. Prior experience with such a rewrite is strongly preferred - please mention it directly within your cover letter.
- Work in the office or remotely, or both (but not at the same time)
- Collaborate with cross-functional development team to bring static designs and prototypes to life, providing constructive feedback to optimize implementation and usability
- Support our shift from jQuery to Vue.js
- Experiment with new ways of visualizing large amounts of time-series data
- Address and/or fix UI/UX issues with the Circonus UI and other open source UI components as required
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices
- Implement, maintain and support software integrations with Circonus
- Provide solutions to technical problems of varying scope and complexity
- Collaborate with management in determining priorities and risks associated with projects
- Ensure all relevant processes, procedures and product documentation is up to date
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years experience architecting, designing, and developing user-interfaces in a commercial software environment
- Experience re-architecting and/or re-implementing UIs for a legacy enterprise web application
- Significant experience designing, implementing, and modifying responsive web applications with jQuery and Vue.js
- Experience using and/or building component libraries with jQuery, Vue.js, BootstrapUI or Highcharts
- Comfortable quickly developing prototype and/or throwaway code to prove out new/cutting edge integrations or Circonus functions and features
- Comfortable working with git and GitHub for version control, including opening/reviewing pull requests, branches, etc
- Ability to take on and complete tasks in unfamiliar IT environments
- Significant experience planning, prioritizing, and organizing
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Comfortable working in fast paced environments with a goal-oriented mentality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience working within a SaaS environment
- Experience with Sass/Scss and Bootstrap
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as D3 and Flot
- Knowledge and experience with component based design, style guides, style tiles
- Experience working with project management software such as JIRA
- Experience with wireframe tools such as Sketch, or Adobe XD
Circonus offers a powerful machine data intelligence platform to handle the world's most demanding use cases. From mission-critical IT infrastructure to data-intensive IoT applications, Circonus works with any tech and at any scale. Circonus uses advanced data science and patented technology to ingest and analyze machine data to deliver unmatched clarity, insights, and performance. From real-time alerts and fault detection to ML-based predictive analytics, Circonus helps companies optimize operations and deliver exceptional user experiences with confidence.
We enjoy a global reach, but our customers primarily cluster on the East Coast, California, and to a lesser degree, Europe. Our success stems from our industry-leading offering and our obsession with customer satisfaction.
Culturally, we operate like a startup. Small, agile teams with quick decisions and short, iterative cycle times. We relish our core values of respect, integrity, value and growth, among others.