With chart-topping products on both the Google Play and Apple App stores, our mobile apps are downloaded by hundreds of thousands of users every day. They’re loved for their gorgeous, intuitive UI and flawless performance, but their success is underpinned by a data-driven approach to product development and relentless experimentation. As a full stack developer, you'll focus on developing new projects as well as optimizing and debugging existing ones, using a number of different technologies. Your interest in UX and user psychology will help unlock even more value, having a fantastically positive impact on Bending Spoons at large.
A few examples of your responsibilities
- Boost our online presence by improving and updating landing pages and websites for our wide-ranging initiatives.
- Constantly improve the quality of our websites by fixing bugs and refactoring the code base where necessary, as well as adding that WOW factor to put a smile on our users’ faces.
- Work in close collaboration with our product managers and data analysts, having a big say in which experiments we focus on next.
- Stay up to date with web development trends (in design, technologies, and frameworks), so you can help Bending Spoons lead the way at the forefront of these fields.
What we look for
- Passion. You love what you do, and your enthusiasm never wavers with the specifics of a given task or team. Whether you’re on a plane, train, or sofa, odds are that you’ll be found with your nose in a book or article on the subject.
- Logical-analytical abilities. You’re a quick learner who’s able to investigate and effectively pick up new concepts on your own. You can solve unforeseen challenges with creativity and structure, and can do so independently.
- Pragmatism. Far from being too academic or obsessive in your perfectionism, you understand that speed is often as important as quality when getting things done in a competitive world.
- Relevant knowledge. You don’t need to be a walking encyclopedia on the topic, but you do need to know your ABCs from your XYZs. A solid and ever-expanding knowledge base is a prerequisite—you spend a hearty portion of your time seeking to fill in the gaps in your understanding.
- Humility. You’re down to earth, eager to listen to feedback and constructive criticism, and ready to support your team with whatever it needs to succeed.
- Drive. You’re energetic and hard-working, and you persevere through adversity until the job is done—and done impeccably. You’re massively into getting results, and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- Proficiency in English. You read, write, and speak proficiently in English.
What we offer
- Talented, knowledgeable colleagues. Learn from (and teach) some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- The finest tools. You get the best hardware on the market and all the software you could need. We can't wait to introduce you to our high-tech approach and our cutting-edge workflows.
- Real impact. We automate most menial tasks, freeing you up to focus your expertise where it can make the biggest impact.
- Flexibility and trust. From day one, you’ll be one of the team and fully trusted. No micromanagement or clipping your wings—just the freedom and responsibility to do great work.
- Continuous education. Spooners get unlimited backing for learning investments, including Italian or English lessons and things like courses, conferences, and books. There’s no permission or approval process—you’re fully trusted to use the company’s resources efficiently.
- Remote working. Spend as much or as little time in our Milan office as you choose. Many Spooners like to change up their environment and get out of the city whenever the mood strikes. You’ve always got the freedom to decide where today’s office is.
- Flexible schedule. Our regular hours are 9-6 GMT+1, but this isn’t a “clock in, clock out” company. You’re fully trusted to create the right conditions for your own personal peak productivity. We only ask that you’re available to your teammates a good chunk of the day (six hours or so). That’s why it’s generally best to be based somewhere with a similar time zone—between GMT-2 and GMT+3.
- Unlimited time off. Take all the time you need to be with your family or just recharge your batteries. There’s no maximum number of days off, and there isn't any kind of permission process. We just ask that you make your vacation decisions mindfully.
- Lots. Of. Fun. Our incredible People Operations team organizes awesome events, such as team games, drinks, yoga classes, parties, and regular company-wide retreats. Recent destinations include Bali, Mauritius, and Tanzania.
- Competitive salary and stock options. Our compensation package is highly competitive, and can grow rapidly and include stock options, depending on your performance and seniority.
The selection process
If you successfully pass through our screening process, we’ll invite you to take on a few tests that assess how you approach and solve unfamiliar problems. These tests don’t require any prior knowledge, and they should take a few hours to complete. If you’re successful there, we’ll invite you to take part in some interviews—normally two or three —to get to know each other and figure out if it’s a good fit for both parties. To limit human bias, all of our hiring decisions are made by a hiring committee rather than any individual.
Spooners come from all over the world and English is our working language. We welcome applications in English or Italian—whichever suits you best!
All interviews and assessments take place in English and are held online.
Bending Spoons is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider for employment all applicants, regardless of their race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, family status, political affiliation, disability, and any other legally protected characteristic. We’re committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.