We are seeking a dedicated full stack PHP developer to join our growing company. You will work as part of a team to develop fast, well-tested, and performant code for various web applications using PHP, ExtJS, and SingleStore. As a front-end developer, you will be expected to work with standard programming tools such as version control and deployment software, follow industry best practices, write tests for the code you write, and follow all applicable coding guidelines.
Your duties will include taking part in regular meetings, writing and developing modules for existing applications, maintaining a JSON based API as well as working with multiple external APIs, writing code and tests for code, taking part in code review sessions, and using version control software to push and pull code for testing and deployment.
Below are some of the responsibilities the candidate is expected to assume in their position:
- Developing front end website architecture.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Developing back-end website applications.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside other developers on some projects.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Strictly adhere to all information security policies and procedures
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
Job Qualifications and Skill Sets
- Degree in computer science or at least 1 year of relevant industry experience.
- Proficiency with the server-side language PHP required.
- Familiarity with MySQL compliant databases and query writing required.
- Familiarity with version control software Git required.
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, good problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- The ability to work as part of a team, taking ownership of individual components and following coding guidelines to create performant components that fit into more-comprehensive projects
- The ability to work with REST based APIs using JSON
- Advanced level of spoken English is a MUST