ENF: an environmental web platform.
Changing the world for 17 years and running.
The most popular solar B2B website.
Over 3 million users each year.
Our site is complex — we link companies, products, buyer leads, prices and price data trends and much more wrapped in a multi-language in-house translation system. We have a lot of exciting development plans — modernizing our site and expanding our internal and external functionalities.
Overview of the position:
- Help coach the full-stack developers (mainly the two Eastern European developers that will be hired)
- Ensure a good teamwork atmosphere
- Guide the development and maintenance of our documentation
- Help with project planning and reporting
- Assist in interviewing staff when we are recruiting
- Experience working in a company that has very professional documentation and planning systems
- Experience in a senior/management position
- Laravel or similar PHP MVC frameworks such as Symfony, CodeIgniter and CakePHP
- VUE, Livewire, Alpine.js, Svelte, Angular, etc.
- Fluency in English, strong communication skills
- Open mind to different cultures — as you will be reporting to a British manager, working with European and Chinese developers, and sometimes communicating with different internal colleagues from around the world
- Strong coding abilities
What we offer:
- Part-time (1 day/week, or 8 hours through the week)
- A lot of flexibility
- Salary: €1,000/month
- Work from home
This is a work-from-home position, and there is a lot of flexibility when you spend the hours. If you are in a Monday-Friday job and want to do this job outside of regular office hours and on weekends, that is fine — the developers that will be getting coaching and support from you will be flexible in when you support them.
You won’t have the pressure of having to manage the department. We have a manager in place who has worked with us for nine years. However, while our manager is an expert in technical aspects, they are not as comfortable with documentation, planning processes and so forth. Our Chinese manager is really a friendly guy — and having worked for a British manager for nine years — he will have absolutely no trouble communicating with you.
You need to be familiar with good documentation and planning processes and be able to take a leading role in this area so that in the future, our documentation will be easy to reference and our task planning will be significantly improved. You should also be someone personable, helping to ensure that our new European developers working from home enjoy working with each other and collaborating with other staff around the world.
You also need experience and confidence so that you are saying, «These are the best options for how we should organize this area.», rather than «How do you want me to organize this area?».
If your profile matches this new job and you are interested in the position, hurry to submit your English cover letter and CV to us.