ABOUT THE POSITION
Team Sava specializes in building outstanding teams of passionate, world-class professionals and top-tier software developers for growing global hi-tech companies.
Our partner, PlayStudios, located in Tel Aviv and Bay Area, is a consumer gaming company focused on the ever-expanding market for social and mobile gambling. They are developing a revolutionary social gaming platform aimed at reshaping the way people from all segments play online. Playstudios flagship apps are consistently rated among the Top-20 Grossing apps in the Apple App Store in their category!
We are looking for an amazing Game Math Designer, proactive, positive, and self-driven person to join our dedicated team.
Building a great game is a challenge. We want the game to be existing, randomize, and full of turnarounds. To create the perfect game, we develop tools like a game simulator, we use complex math to design the experience, and data to optimize it. If you love inventing games, math makes you crazy, you are a true data lover with analytical thinking and you are not afraid to code your dreams, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Game Math Designer, you should take responsibility for creating mathematical models for slot games, balancing games to reach the required player experience, and validating games’ behavior with developers. You will work closely with Developers, Producers, Game Designers, Engineers, and other departments in order to provide answers and explanations to relevant math questions and game concepts.
- Take part in the innovative process of creating new games mechanics
- Be the mathematical brain behind the game - use your analytics skills to optimize and validate exciting game experiences
- Code the game logic itself
- Balance and optimize the game KPI’s Post-release, based on data-driven decisions
- Provide detailed mathematical models for slot games and other game features
- Validate, simulate (with the help of simulation developers) and sign off mathematical models to ensure they work as intended
- Troubleshoot with engineers on the technical implementation of mathematical models.
- Keep record of games and their simulations
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/math/industrial engineering
- 2 + years of experience as a mathematician or programmer
- Proficiency in Python/R code languages or any other software language
- Strong mathematical/statistical skills
- Excellent working knowledge in combinatorics, statistics and probability theories
- High level of creativity in order to invent new innovative game mechanics
- Interest in games both from a designer and player perspective
- Outstanding communication skills, team worker, high personal discipline and self-learning
- Ability to multi-task and deal with changing requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Bonus points for:
- Experience with slot games
- Opportunity to do incredible work with a passionate and playful team
- Learning and self-improvement opportunities
- Friendly and pleasant working environment
- Flexible working hours, adjusted to your lifestyle
- Possibility to travel abroad
- Team building events
- Great referral fees
- Coffee, fruit and snacks
- Check our Careers page for more information