The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC`s mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org.
The GIS team seeks a full-time Geospatial Analyst to provide GIS support for its operations. The post holder is a part of the DigitOps Unit and will participate in the development and maintenance of the Geographical Information System for the ICRC. Furthermore, s/he will contribute to the mapping production when needed to enable evidence-based decisions. S/he will produce and elaborate training as well. The main responsibility would be to virtually support field officers in emergencies, by creating the maps and preparing geodata on their behalf.
S/he will work directly under the supervision of the Geodata Analytics Manager in BSSC with additional technical inputs coming from the GIS team in Geneva.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position: Geospatial Analyst
- Applies best practices, standards, guidelines and templates for geographic data management and analytics, and works on continuous improvement
- Geodata Analytics
- Supports projects in the field with deep data geo-analyses and proposes the enhancement of approach, different data sources and analyses when possible
- Assists other units in providing ongoing support with geographic data and geo-analysis as well as contributes to institutional reporting and dashboards by supporting colleagues in delivering reports, revisions and optimization
- Geographic Data Management
- Maintains and updates the geographic data in the geodatabase
- Assists Data quality officer with geographic data implementation to the global geodatabase as well as ensures that the documentation related to geographic data and its management is updated
- Data Quality control
- Supports the development and implementation of assessment with a strong Geo component, analysis, monitoring and evaluations plans aligned to ICRC operational standards as well as monitors data quality controls and consolidates, cleans and implements corrective actions
- GIS Support
- Ensures continuity and smooth transition of data entered into various system applications and produces maps and geo-analysis as well as contributes to the development of the data model and maintenance of the geographic referential and operational data that supports geo-analysis
- Ensures GIS awareness within colleagues and when needed GIS training, and updates and compiles training material for GIS officers and as well for authorities
- Technical Science degree or university degree in a similar field as well as 4-6 years` overall professional experience with minimum of 3 years` experience in the similar field
- GIS software proficiency: ESRI (ArcGIS, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS server), QGIS, Mobile Data Collection tools, database management (SQL), and knowledge of graphic design software
- Ability to work well in emergencies
- Good reporting skills along with good command of English
- Good team spirit and ability to work in an international and multi-disciplinary team as well as autonomously
- Familiarity with FME Safe software
- Familiarity with Tableau and/or Power BI, as well with ‘xsl’
- Knowledge of the French language
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.