What is Sylvera anyway?
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. We do this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes - and then we visualise that data to our customers.
We believe the transparency Sylvera provides will enable carbon markets to have a more positive impact on the world in a shorter space of time. This will be critical in keeping the planet under 2C of warming and provide huge wider benefits to nature and society.
Founded just 2 years ago, Sylvera has now scaled to over 100 employees across the world and has raised over $30m from leading VCs like Index Ventures and Insight Partners. We’ve also collaborated with leading institutions - University College London, UCLA and NASA JPL.
We're on a super steep trajectory over the next couple of years - we want incredible people that are as passionate as we are about the mission and want to build an amazing organisation with us to achieve it.
What will I be doing?
Having found early product-market fit in a nascent, rapidly growing space, we’re now scaling our Machine Learning and Data Engineer teams at pace. We’re looking for a mission-driven Geospatial Data Engineer to join our cross functional machine learning team to bring automation in our data processing pipeline and scale up our ML solutions. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Youʼll contribute to the design and development of geospatial data pipelines and the infrastructure to deliver services to both internal and external consumers of data
- You'll scale up and optimise existing ML lifecycle processes (on both cloud & local GPU machines)
- You'll contribute to internal ML tooling that is critical for us to scale
Those who are successful will progress quickly, either as individual contributors or following a management path.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of earth
- Is a self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments, ideally with early-stage start-up experience
- 2+ years of experience processing geospatial data with Python & is familiar with geospatial Python libraries e.g. xarray, geopandas, numpy, pandas, sklearn, pytorch
- Has experience with Docker as a deployment mechanism
- Has experience with CI/CD tools (preferably CircleCI)Has experience with cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS)
Nice to have:
- Being familiar with Machine Learning concepts
- SQL skills
- Experience with Airflow
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- Salaries benchmarked to the top 25% of the industry
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Summer Fridays - 1pm finish every Friday in July & August
- Enhanced parental leave
- Monthly Team Lunches
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
- Remote GMT +/-3 (with access to an office in London/Belgrade if you wanted to come in)
- We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
- Our business is built on revealing truths and debunking misperceptions.
Do What’s Right - Even When It’s Hard
- The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate with Kindness
- Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit?
- We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity
- Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Upoznaj kompaniju Sylvera
Sylvera helps you choose the best carbon credits.
Sylvera is the leading carbon credit ratings platform. We help corporate sustainability leaders, traders and exchanges confidently evaluate and invest in the best carbon credits. By creating the first carbon intelligence platform, Sylvera is raising the bar on project accounting and analysis, and introducing a much needed source of truth for carbon markets. We are backed by renowned investors like Index Ventures, Insight Partners, LocalGlobe and Salesforce Ventures.