At Automattic, we believe in making the web a better place, and making our workplace a happy place. We hope you can join us on this journey!
We are the people behind WordPress.com, Tumblr, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and more. Our Data team builds algorithms and data products that connect millions of publishers with billions of readers every month and drive growth for our business and our customers. We are looking for data scientists to join the Data team to help us drive growth with data, insights, and technical solutions.
- Own all aspects of data for a function or line of business, to empower Automatticians with data for optimal decision making.
- Build vertical specific funnels, data pipelines or dashboards.
- Validate tracking, enforce metrics consistency, design & analyze experiments.
- Run exploratory analysis and post-launch analysis to identify product/ marketing opportunities and accelerate product iteration.
- Run predictive modeling for things like targeting or personalization.
- Are a strong proactive communicator and writer, and comfortable with setting and managing your own priorities.
- Have excellent quantitative skills and are very comfortable with data, statistical modeling, and analysis.
- Are curious, have phenomenal attention to detail, and possess proven problem-solving skills.
- Are a cross-team collaborator, able to effectively work with teams across multiple departments, time zones, and functions. You can discover and tell the story behind the data.
- Have experience working with a global subscription-based product. Using your discernment, you can translate business problems into analytical questions and use data from various sources to find answers.
- Have prior hands-on experience with data, proficiency in SQL.
- Have programming experiences with Python, R or PHP, and are familiar with some data tools (Hive, Impala, Airflow).
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Simplenote, Longreads, VaultPress, Akismet, Gravatar, Crowdsignal, Cloudup, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1100 Automatticians in 65+ countries speaking 75+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.