We aim to empower every innovative technology business in the world to do what they do best, even better. At Devtech, we accelerate innovation and technology roadmaps of global Telecoms, Cloud Service Providers, and Software Vendors by providing high-quality digital engineering services focused on development, integration, and migration.
As a team of 150+ with a presence in the USA, UK, Canada, Netherlands, and Serbia, we have a track record of helping our customers respond to change better and faster while relying on us as an integral part of their success. We have bootstrapped the business with no outside investments, we are profitable and cash-flow positive, and are now entering the next phase of growth.
Our culture is embracing change, pursuing growth, learning, and fostering an environment where we help each other. We are adventurous, creative, open-minded, and love what we do. We have big ambitions and are looking for people who want to help us achieve them.
What you’ll do
As a Head of Engineering, you will be a part of a creative team responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification to developing, testing, and launching. Your focus will be to provide technical leadership and drive success in delivery, from optimally structuring teams and onboarding team members to guiding and supporting them through complete SDLC. Also, as Devtech is focused on quality, learning & development, it will be expected of you to be in the driving seat in the promotion of quality, engineering, and security standards, as well as knowledge sharing culture across the company. In this role, you will report to Delivery Director and will be located in one of our development offices.
- Participating in developing engineering strategy in accordance with the company goals;
- Developing technology excellence and top-tier quality by directing the implementation of engineering methods, processes, and practices;
- Managing engineering teams in the Global Services Unit through direct supervision of Engineering Team Leads and Solution Architects;
- Ensuring engineering teams are optimally structured and their members’ capabilities appropriately utilized to ensure operational efficiency;
- Hiring, onboarding, mentoring, and supporting the development of engineering team members;
- Assigning technical resources for the hiring process;
- Helping engineering team members understand the company’s goals and vision and keeping their engagement on a high level;
- Managing engineering teams’ performance and compensation;
- Ensuring the quality of service delivered by engineering team members is on the highest level;
- Actively supervising and providing guidance and support to SDLC and participating in meetings with the customer (Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospectives, MBRs, QBRs, and others);
- Ensuring all business and engineering processes and standards are appropriately implemented and followed;
- Staying up to date with customer engagement goals and product roadmaps.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of leading engineering teams;
- Strong management and leadership skills;
- Minimum 3 years of team lead experience;
- Experience with forming and scaling teams;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complex projects;
- Strong hands-on software engineering, QA or DevOps experience;
- Experience with System Design and Distributed Systems;
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
What we offer:
- Development program (training & conferences, internal knowledge sharing)
- Outstanding referral bonuses
- Private health insurance
- Paternity leave – 15 days for new dads
- Reduced working hours for the first month after returning from maternity leave
- Mental health program
- Spot & management bonuses
Devtech aims to empower every innovative technology business in the world do what they do best, even better. At Devtech, we accelerate innovation and technology roadmaps of global Telecoms, Cloud Service Providers and Software Vendors, by providing high-quality digital engineering services focused on development, integration and migration.
As a team of 200+ with presence in the USA, UK, Canada, the Netherlands and Serbia, we have a track record of helping our customers respond to change better and faster, while relying on us as an integral part of their success. Our culture is the one of embracing change, pursuing growth and learning, and fostering an environment where we help each other. We are adventurous, creative, open-minded, and love what we do. We have a big ambition and are looking for people who want to help us achieve it.
na osnovu 6 recenzija
Karijera / privatni život
Iskustvo o radu
Medior Software Developer
1. Ljudi su fenomenalni, pristupacni, timski igrači, šta god da ti treba neko je tu da pomogne, isto tako ti imaš želju da pomažes kad neko drugi uči i trudi se. 2. Work Life balans- za sve ove godine desilo se nekad da se radi duže ali vrlo vrlo retko, i placeno je. 3. Exec i management ljudi su normalni Kao svi ostali,...
Mozda su potrebni malo zanimljiviji projekti, ili se samo ja nadam savršenstvu
Prosečna neto plata
Software Developer 5 plata
Flexible and remote work
Private health insurance
Learning & development opportunites
Stock options and profit sharing
Wellness and paid sport activities
Maternity and paternity benefits
Fresh fruit, snacks and coffee
Online English language learning
Well-being & mental health support