We have partnered with Invenda- one of the world’s fastest-growing tech companies in the automated retail space. They revolutionize the retail industry with AI, innovation, and automation and deliver delightful customer experiences, constantly innovating new things.
We are looking for an experienced leader, full of drive and energy, who wants to make a difference for his/her team.
As Head of Hardware at Invenda Group, you will be leading an innovative team that designs and builds intelligent vending and automated retail solutions for some of the biggest brands in dozens of countries.
The hardware team at Invenda develops electronic and mechanical designs for production and for use in their products, as well as upgrade/add-on kits for products that their customers make.
As an R&D-driven team, they build prototypes and full solutions that cover everything from control systems, robotics, payment device integration, sensors, telemetry, and environmental controls up to giant touch-screen interfaces with rich interfaces.
- Lead a team of 6-8 hardware engineers who create mechanical and electronic designs for the production of machines and retrofits of vending and automated retail solutions.
- Set standards, procedures, and processes for the team, effectively building team governance.
- Manage resources, allocate people to the right priorities, and control the team budget.
- Provide support and line management for engineers in the Hardware division, reviewing their work, coaching, teaching, and managing the responsibilities, processes, and career goals of each.
- Work with various suppliers and manufacturing partners, as well as their manufacturing centers to help optimize production and delivery to a growing number of customers.
- Collaborate with directors and heads of manufacturing, support, software development, and platform services as well as individual product managers.
- Provide direction toward long-range planning, budgeting, product strategy, processes, and operations with key customers.
- Provide a space for innovation and learning, pushing towards new technology, and better ways to design, test and manufacture. Embracing advances in AI, robotics, IoT, and cloud to incorporate new capabilities into their work and the solutions.
- Provide engineering inspiration - expanding the horizons through the team’s initiatives as well as your contributions. Leading by example and keeping the startup spirit strong.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record in managing engineering teams, establishing processes, and managing people.
- Demonstrated drive to build new engineering teams, with a vision of setting up proper team governance and motivating people to excel in their work.
Minimum technical knowledge:
Experience in designing products in one of these 2 fields or both:
- Electronics design (schematics, PCBs, component selection, power, etc) and analysis (measuring, validation, testing), with experience developing products for the market.
- Mechanics design, especially using CAD design (Solidworks, Fusion 360, etc) and EDA software (Altium, KiCad, Eagle, etc).
- Competence and mindset in preparing products for industrial production: production estimations, component sourcing, and inventory management.
Nice-to-have technical competencies:
- Awareness of principles in designing for robotics, automation, FDM Printing, CNC, control systems, or electromechanical systems.
- Basic understanding of firmware development principles (using C, C++, microPython, etc.) for ATMEL and Espressif/ESP32 architectures (or related experience with STM32, RP2040, PIC, etc.) is a plus.
- A basic understanding of the key concepts around cloud, data, and services used to manage devices is a plus.
What’s in it for you:
- An international team willing to try-fail-and-learn
- Work on the product and architecture behind it
- Be part of the decision-making process
- Personal Development and Career plan under the mentorship of your Senior colleagues
- 25 vacation days
- Flexibility to work partially remotely and start your working day from 8:00 to 10:00 as we trust you with your time.
- Private health insurance that includes 3000euro worth annually
- Paid sports activities as we care about our physical and mental health
- Team building gatherings, traveling, and parties that include your family
Only shortlisted candidates will be considered.