The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org.
As a part of our tech transformation, ICRC is looking for a Senior Software Integration Engineer within its ICT Web & Apps sector to support our growing applications development, integration and L3 support needs.
As a Senior Software Integration Engineer, you will play an integral part within Software Engineering platforms in the integration and L3 support of Web, Mobile and Desktop applications. You will work in close collaboration with various business and technical teams to manage the integration, maintenance and evolution of a set of applications.
The position is based in the Belgrade BSSC, with functional reports and support from the Software Engineering platform owner based in Geneva.
ICT L3 Java Support Specialist - DevOps
- Designs the architecture of the integration into our information system for software internally or externally developed, under the guidance of the Platform owner
- Collaborates with the infrastructure teams (network, system, monitoring) to carry out these integrations
- Develops and implements scripts and programs in various languages like SQL stored procedures, Java, etc.
- Is the L3 support and subject matter expert for these applications:
- direct contact with the business as well as the Release Manager
- direct relationship with the external provider in an autonomous way
- is the escalation point for L2 teams for complex cases and requests that could not be fulfilled and enrich knowledge base accordingly
- Manages some requests/technical issues opened by the users, builds the Knowledge Database and contributes to the evolution and the maintenance of the application/tools
- Proposes and carries out process optimization to avoid recurring issues
- Actively participates in release and deployment of new features/versions (testing and remote training)
- Anticipates, identifies, investigates and documents recurrent data and technical/functional issues
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field, or equivalent experience, along with 8+ years professional experience in software development and/or L3 support, and 2+ years experience in well processed and documented software integration
- Strong Experience working with Java 8+, Maven, Spring, Maven, Camel, Tomcat, MySQL and Apache servers, along with strong Experience working with Linux, Docker
- Authentication and identification knowledge: SAML, Kerberos, OpenID Connect, Oauth2
- Performance troubleshooting knowledge (Fiddler, Wireshark)
- Experience in using corporate service management tools (Ticketing tool, JIRA, Azure DevOps)
- Experience with help desk procedures, user support or system maintenance
- Expert with use, deployment or training on information systems
- Strong technical expertise and analytical mindset for understanding and solving deployment issues
- Very good command of English
- Proven interpersonal skills and able to interfere with or coordinate stakeholders across different teams (internal or external), with or without direct hierarchical relation, for specific support activities
- Proven regular contact with the business teams
- End-user service-oriented, open-minded and adaptable
- Well organized, able to work under pressure and manage emergencies
- Integration automation through scripts (Powershell, bash, etc…) experience is a plus (CI/CD)
- Container orchestration with Kubernetes, Swarm or Openshift
- Dev-Ops/Dev-Sec-Ops experience
- Azure DevOps or JIRA advanced usage and/or administration
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.