Provides onsite and remote desktop support to end users of physical, virtual and mobile computer platforms. Installs and configures technologies and applications that run on supported operating systems and platforms. Provides support for peripheral devices, such as printers and scanners. Collaborates with other support teams to restore service and/or identify and resolve problems.
As experienced system support specialist the successful candidate acts as GIS BU coordinator facilitating demand stemming from the continued growth of the centre, representing the GIS organization as primary contact on assignments and/or projects.
- Handles end user requests for hardware and software for supported clients.
- Troubleshoots technical computing problems and provides end user support for internal customer problem ticket resolution and manages assigned problem tickets.
- Escalates issues as appropriate.
- Tracks and maintains site documentation, configurations, and maintenance.
- Completes special assignments and project work as needed.
- May contribute to desktop/laptop software evaluations and upgrades.
- May interface with third party vendors to resolve certain hardware/software issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Extensive knowledge and application of principles, theories and concepts. Complete knowledge of all job functions and the broad industry best practices, techniques and standards.
- Develops solutions to complex problems where analysis of situations and/or data requires in-depth evaluation of variables. Determine best approach to achieve results and provide suggestions to improve policies and procedures.
- Work is performed independently and requires the exercise of judgment and discretion. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. Work may be reviewed at a high-level.
- Represents the organization as primary contact on assignments/projects. Interacts with senior professionals and management. Coordinates work between departments or organizations.
- Actions may impact the organization. Failure to accomplish work will result in the inability to reach crucial organizational goals. Erroneous decisions may have a prolonged effect resulting in the expenditure of substantial resources.
- Typically 3+ years with bachelor's or equivalent.
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
- Fluent in English and ideally other European languages