As a support engineer, you will be first point of user engagement, providing thoughtful day-to-day comprehensive technical support to users from initial challenge through resolution. This will include talking the user through account set up, to troubleshooting and resolving all technical issues. In this role, you will provide your insight and execution to drive the optimal user experience by phone call, email and remote assistance.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
- Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Provides troubleshooting and support.
- Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Mandatory Skills Description:
- Windows server/AD/DHCP administration (accounting, policy handling, etc...)
- Windows workstation admin (OS install, security patches, etc...)
- Application software development install / maintain
- Networking knowledge & troubleshooting + network related services (proxy, DNS, WSUS)
- Troubleshooting hardware problems
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in complex software and hardware problems
- Knowledge of structured cabling systems, able to design SCS fit out.
- Citrix, Active Directory, AV Knowledge, Microsoft System Center
- Non-technical skills
- English language at least medium level
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple priorities and handle sensitive and pressured situations
- Strong verbal and personal communication skills
- Sccuracy and Attention to details
- Problem analysis, use of judgment and ability to solve problems efficiently
- Verbal communication skills
- Tolerant and flexible to different situations
- VDI environment administration
- Basic scripting knowledge