The Roma Education Fund’s (REF) mission and ultimate goal is to close the gap in educational outcomes between Roma and non-Roma. In order to achieve this goal, the organization supports policies and programs which ensure quality education for Roma through scholarships, grant making and advocacy activities. The objectives of REF include:
- Expanding Romani children’s access to quality early childhood education and care
- Improving primary education outcomes for Romani children aged six to fourteen
- Boosting academic performance and graduation rates from secondary education for Romani pupils
- Supporting access to tertiary education, improving graduation levels and strengthening identity of Romani university students
- Expanding employment opportunities for young Romani adults
The Roma Education Fund operates its activities in close links with civil society and institutional partners in 16 countries of Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe.
Under the supervision of Deputy Chief Financial Officer, the Administrative Officer will be based in REF HQ in Belgrade, Serbia.
IT Officer is responsible to:
Tasks related to the Finance and Administration Department include the following:
- Communicate with IT and telecommunication service providers based on coordination with colleagues based in the headquarters of REF which in 2020 is located in Belgrade and Budapest.
- Supporting the transition of the HQ from Budapest to Belgrade.
- Provide consulting to the organization’s management on possible improvements of existing systems and the solutions available.
- Review, create and archives vendor contracts and coordinate IT purchases (hardware, software and services) to ensure effective deployment of solutions aligned with user needs
- Provide/analyse efficient IT tools and application purchase;
- Provide technical assistance/distance support for country facilitators using current online MIS database/upcoming new online application system;
- Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, objectives, short- and long-range IT planning.
- Participate in the documentation and implementation of policies and standard operating procedures to ensure effective operation of an organization
- Remote IT support for the users in Hungary, Romania, Slovakia and Serbia via Skype/TeamViewer/JoinMe or email and design of tutorials
- Office 365 Mail Exchange server administration, maintenance and user support - Romania / Slovakia / Hungary via Skype/TeamViewer/JoinMe or email (designing instructional tutorials);
- Microsoft Team and SharePoint operation and maintenance
- Domain server administration tasks and maintenance, user management - Romania / Slovakia / Hungary via Skype/TeamViewer/JoinMe or email (designing instructional tutorials);
- REF related MIS, accounting, and other system administration.
- General remote user support training (when needed);
- Assist the administrative staff and the financial department with their administrative tasks.
- Assisting communication team with their administrative tasks.
- Office 365 system operation and maintenance.
- Windows and OSX operaton system enduser support locally and remotelly with TeamViewer/MS Teams.
- Reinstall and update Windows and OSX operation system. Register to the Microsoft domain system.
- Microsoft Windows 2019 server operation and maintenance
- File server operation and maintenance
- Server-side Bank system and other applications operation and maintenance
- Microsoft Windows Terminal server and other RDP system operation and maintenance
- Microsft Azure cloud system server structure maintenance. Data backup.
- Linux server operation and maintenance
- OpenVPN server operation and maintenance
- Script development: Batch/PowerShell and Bash script
- Network management tools maintenance: Router and firewall configuration, network dewelopment
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Tasks related to the Tertiary Education Program
- Prepare and update web guidelines for all the tertiary scholarship programs (LHP/RHSP/RISP/RMUSP) and link hyperlinks to the OAS;
- Receive and compile errors and report them to Service providers.
- System testing.
- Communicating with Country Coordinators about (system based) issues and complaints.
- Update Scholarship and Grant Management Information Systems, Office 365 or other systems user lists as required.
- Writing of system specifications for development and instructional manuals to users and students.
- Data Analysis in coordination with colleagues based in the headquarters of RE;
- Communication with Country Coordinators, Tertiary Education Program team and external stakeholders and providers regarding new or corrected developments
- Higher education (academic qualifications) in the field of information technology or related sciences
- Basic academic studies Qualification level 6.2; or
- Integrated and master academic studies, specialist academic studies (specialist and master's degrees) Qualification level 7
- Minimum three years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of IT systems
- Network maintenance experience,
- Compulsory fluency in English language
- Preference for candidates who are fluent in Romani language,
- Desirable knowledge of at least one other foreign language in countries where the REF Network carries out its activities,
- Organizational skills
- Gender sensitivity and respect for diversity
Initiative: Actively seeks to improve programs or services; Seeks challenging experiences and approaches them with passion, enthusiasm and professionalism.
Planning and Organization: Develops clear goals and achieves results that are consistent with agreed strategies; Adapts and reacts in a flexible manner when necessary.
Communication: Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Teamwork: Works independently and collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals; Shares knowledge and insight with others.
Ownership: Accepts personal responsibility (including shortcomings) and ownership of actions (including for work unit, where applicable) for achieving results; Understands organizational vision, mission and values, and leverages this knowledge when making decisions; Makes tough decisions when necessary.
Development: Actively seeks to develop oneself professionally and personally and to contribute to the growth of the organization; Seeks feedback to learn and improve the organization.
In order to develop and deliver our education programs that provide quality, inclusive education for Roma children and youth, we believe in five core values that join us together and that mirror the work, actions and ideals of our organization and its culture:
Tenacity; Integrity; Justice; Accountability; Inquisitiveness
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to send their Cover Letters, CV`s (both in English) and contact details of three Reference persons by 26.03.2020. electronically.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Selection process is based on a written test and competency-based interview.
Individuals identifying themselves as Roma and fulfilling the above-mentioned profile and requirements are particularly encouraged to apply.
Roma Education Fund is an equal opportunities employer.