IT Project/System Engineer (m/f)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward thinking? In Kuhne+Nagel you will have opportunity to work in a multinational company, as member of a large Belgrade IT team, to have everyday contact with our colleagues from all around Europe in a diverse and fast-growing environment.
We offer exciting position in a dynamic and motivated team, development possibilities and a nice working atmosphere.
You will be serving as the first point of contact for colleagues in the IT team, supporting them in their everyday tasks as a higher-level support and consultant. Proactively participate in all IT infrastructure projects related to Windows Servers infrastructure, networking (Cisco, Aruba, Dell), VMware infrastructure, backup (Veeam, FreeNAS, QNAP), implementation of new business solutions.
Together with the team, and manager you will build improvement possibilities in order to offer the best quality and efficiency in the service provided.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Provide higher level of IT support and consultancy to other IT team members
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques, pertinent questions and determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by users
- Monitoring and maintaining server and network infrastructure
- Provide support services during project go-live, performance tuning, and transition to support operations
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures
- Design, implement and test projects based on clients functional and business requirements (including travel to other countries) + Develop and communicate enterprise data technology standards and policies
- Follow company standards, record events and problems and their resolution in wiki pages/reports/manuals
- Document and publish technical documentation, data architecture principles and standards, best practices, patterns and frameworks
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates. Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Research and development of new technologies
Your skills and experience
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Experience with the current Windows operating systems (Server and Workstation)
- Good working experience with Active Directory and Group policies (QuestTools beneficial)
- Exposure to Linux OS (Install and initial setup)
- Understanding Windows Registry + Understanding of PowerShell and ability at least write simple scripts (should be able to provide examples)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft products (SQL, IIS, WSUS, Exchange)
- Basic knowledge of Windows Deployment Service and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Backup technologies (Veeam backup and replication) + Basic networking understanding: routing, DNS, DHCP, FW
- Awareness of IT Security
- Previous background in IT support
- Good written and spoken English
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
Nice to Have
- Networking - good knowledge of network protocols (IPv4, dns, dhcp…).
- Minimum high school degree in IT, Computer Science or relevant field
- Good analytical and problem solving skills and ability to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution
- Team work oriented person
- Driving license B category
Preferred Additional skills
- Databases (MS SQL especially)
- Technical skills in Cisco CLI configuration (VLANs, ACLs, DHCP pools)
- VMware virtual networking, vSAN
- General/Multi-purpose programming skills (BASH, Python, PowerShell, etc.)
- Advanced security investigations (packet captures, inspection)
With more than 82,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management services.