Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- 25 days' paid holiday increasing each year
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Private medical insurance
- Massages in the office
- Sweet Tuesdays
- Team sports activities
- Recruitment referral bonus
- Enhanced pay for new parents
Who are we?
Hyperoptic is the UK's hyperfast broadband provider.
We offer broadband speeds 11x faster than the UK average, proudly setting a new fibre ‘gold standard' with hyperfast speed, reliability, and customer service.
Here in Belgrade, we support our UK colleagues in a shared mission: to gigabit Britain. Our office started up in Belgrade in 2013 with what was then 20 developers. Now it's grown into our largest office with more than 700 people.
Whatever we're doing, going beyond the expected is the benchmark.
We work smarter, together, being agile and responding with the speed our business and customers demand – without compromising on quality. We stay focused, performing at our best to ensure we are focused on hitting targets and goals together. And we strive for excellence, paying attention to the detail, constantly seeking to stretch ourselves and find better ways of doing things.
And today we're looking for an IT Service Desk Engineer who shares these values. Does this sound like you?
Summary of key responsibilities/deliverables
- The role will provide the first point of contact as a service desk support to over 2000 employees spread over Hyperoptic offices in Serbia and the UK. The ideal candidate will ensure that all IT requirements are met, delivering the highest service as quickly as possible while maintaining the highest internal customer service experience and standards.
- As an IT Service Desk Engineer, you will be responsible for providing expert solutions to technology problems reported by Hyperoptic employees either with the ticketing system, chat, email, and phone call. The IT Service Desk Engineer is responsible for providing superior customer service, logging tickets when required, and effectively escalating unresolved problems. The SDE will also be responsible for the internal employee's accounts, license management, and maintaining a knowledge-based system of commonly reported troubleshooting and resolutions.
- The candidate will notify other IT staff members of the tickets being passed to them for resolution and will escalate reports of chronic or unresolved problems to the appropriate team lead or manager.
- Working in two shifts in the Belgrade time zone (GMT+1)
1st shift - from 09:00 until 17:00
2nd shift – from 10:30 until 18:30
What will you be doing?
- Act as the First point of contact for the Service Desk submitted tickets, phone calls, chats, and emails via our internal systems.
- Triage the ticket request sent through our internal system JIRA, troubleshooting ownership, and escalation through the appropriate internal/external teams.
- End to End ownership of tickets raised and provide complete communications on the progress of the issue/problem.
- Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader/Manager.
- Collaborate with other IT Teams to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Lifecycle management for employee accounts and licenses.
- Provide technical support for internal employees' hardware and software.
- Detail-oriented; organized in approach and document maintenance
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work specifically in peak periods
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in Serbian and English (B2 or higher)
Nice to Haves:
- Degree in Information Technology or a similar field of study
- Experience in Customer Service, IT support, or Service Desk roles in fast-paced environments
- Experience in domain networks, computer hardware, and peripherals
- Good understanding of applying the ITIL framework
- Experience with Microsoft and Apple environments support and administration
We're committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees. In fact, this is at the heart of our culture and values. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
What happens next?
- You apply
- We carefully review your application
- We'll get back to you — even if it's a no (for now)
And don't forget to keep an eye on our careers site as we're growing fast. We look forward to hearing from you!