Over 150 years ago, Dr. John Ellis developed a petroleum-based lubricant for steam engines, and ever since, Valvoline has worked to repeatedly innovate and bring only the highest quality motor oils, lubricants and cleaners to market. We are building the world’s leading engine and automotive maintenance business and our vow is to bring “Hands On Expertise” for the benefit of our customers every day, moving the business forward with speed and excellence.
In support of the European Valvoline organization, we are hiring:
IT service desk technician
Purpose of the role
Serve as the first point of contact for user support through phone, email, chat and or self-service. Resolve customer PC issues. Perform remote troubleshooting and diagnostics through a combination of questions to customer, utilization of tools. Determine the best solution to resolve the customer PC issues by utilizing knowledge base articles and follow escalation process to provide resolution for the customer.
- Serve as the first point of contact for user support through phone, email, chat and or self-service.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel through documented process
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs within ServiceNow
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Min 6 months - 1 year experience as an IT Service desk technician
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products. Windows 10, MAC OS, Office365 and other various applications
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues, utilize knowledge base
- Proficiency in English, Additional Languages a Plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focused
We aim to give our candidates the best experience possible. This means we will only get in touch if you have been shortlisted for the role.