The First Line Support Specialist is a 24/7 role within IT Operations that is able to interpret user problems and requests, and be able to use their working experience in a similar role to provide solutions and assess possible side effects. The FLSS responds to a broad range of service requests for support by providing information to fulfill requests or enable resolution. While providing first line investigation and diagnosis and promptly allocates or escalates unresolved issues as appropriate. It is also expected that this role assists with the development of standards, and applies these to track, monitor, report, resolve or escalate minor issues.
- Provide technical support on end-user computing hardware and peripherals in an office. This includes answering support requests and queries via ticketing tool/service catalog forms, or phone for critical issues or requests.
- Maintain a high degree of service for end-user computing support by keeping to Acknowledgement and Response Time targets and adhere to all service management principles.
- Ensure all Minor Incidents or Service Requests updates are fully documented in the ticketing application. Track and list all issues and resolutions in the details section in accordance with the team’s KPI for MITR and MTTR.
- Provide Technical Support & Access Administration on the following technologies:
- Google Workspace
- JIRA Service Desk, JIRA Software, Statuspage, and other Atlassian products used by the company
- End-user computing hardware i.e. PC / Laptop and peripherals
- Telephony Administration
- Familiarity with OKTA SSO
- Escalate to or work with the team in IT Operations in order to address minor incidents and fulfill requests from end users in the case where the issue needs to be escalated or due to access privilege issues.
- Work with Team Lead or Manager to arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house.
- Proactively detect and immediately respond, troubleshoot and assist in resolving end-user technical matters that might negatively impact the customers’ experience.
- Maintain JIRA Service Management incident tickets as per Standards and follow through with all related parties until ticket closing. Ensure follow-ups from previous shift teams or open tickets are made.
- Follow standard operating procedures when triaging or troubleshooting a player issue.
- Immediately escalate any widespread technical issues to the Global Network Operations Center (GNOC) team to handle the incident in accordance with the company’s Major Incident management process.
- Will be embedded within all the business departments and will work closely with the departments.
- Participate in post-incident reviews and will assist in identifying product related enhancements and optimization that will assist in improving user experience.
- Manage communications to various business teams including management requesters.
- Expected to abide by the Team Code of Conduct
- Ensure customer satisfaction and gracefully handle any complaints
Ability to work different shifts
Knowledge and Skill
- Advanced Knowledge in end user computing & networking troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, and SMTP)
PC Software and browser troubleshooting skills are required
- 5 or more years of experience in administering & supporting MS Windows technologies and/or Linux environments such as Ubuntu or the like.
- 3 or more years of experience with Google Workspace
- Knowledge of Service Management or Ticketing Tools
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Able to address all levels within the organization and has the ability to address conflicts constructively.
- Ability to read & analyze business processes, procedures, training material
- Strong analytical & problem solving abilities
- Ability to work on the shift in a 24/7 environment
- Good understanding of Client server & web based application architectures.
- Service oriented demeanor is a must.