Who are we?
Hyperoptic is the UK's hyperfast broadband network. Founded in 2011 to shake up the UK broadband market, we're leading the way in full fibre technology. Our top average wired speed (900Mbps on our hyperfast 1Gb product) is over 11x faster than the UK's average broadband speed.
We established Hyperoptic's Belgrade office in 2013, starting with only 20 Developers to support the business. As of today we are 400 people and growing superfast - once a small start-up has become a success story in Belgrade, with over 1300 employees globally.
Due to continuous expansion Hyperoptic are hiring for a IT System Engineer who goes beyond the expected. We believe in working smarter together, whilst our teams stay focused and people passionately strive for excellence. Does this sound like you?
What will you be doing?
- Maintain a highly functional, optimized IT infrastructure systems through proper configuration and system access monitoring
- Determine backup, redundancy and high availability strategies
- Coordinate and manage vendors to perform troubleshooting, issue resolution and root cause analysis of problems that impact administrative and distribution assets/applications
- Provide support to 1st line IT teams to resolve more complex problems within SLA
- Document changes to the systems using change management best practice
- Recognize problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations
- Maintain high quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
What are we looking for?
- Degree level in field such as information technology or computer science
- Experience with Server Administration would be desirable
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure Administration would be desirable
- Experience with Virtual Infrastructure Administration (VMWare) would be desirable
- Know-How in security, backup and monitoring solutions would be desirable
- Knowledge on IT Automation (pushing PowerShell further) would be desirable
- Experience with Database Administration would be desirable
- Experience with Enterprise IP Network Administration would be desirable
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Why are we the best place for work?
We are based in three beautiful locations in Senjak with:
- Catered lunch every day
- Basketball court and table tennis
- Fresh fruit every week
- Massage on site
- Pet friendly office
We're committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees – in fact this is at the heart of our company culture and values. We welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
What happens next?
We carefully review your application over a decent cup of coffee.
We'll get back to you. Even if it's a no (at the moment).
Hyperoptic has been recognized in the top three for the Best Recruitment Process amongst Belgrade IT Companies, three years in a row.
Please submit your application in English.
We look forward to hearing from you!