Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
As an Intern with FIS, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects and work alongside team mentor, who will work with you in order to help you to develop and improve your skills on daily basis. This is a full time (40hrs/week) paid internship.
We are looking for recent graduates or students in their final year of study to work and gain practical knowledge during internship. Candidates will get an opportunity for a full-time employment after six-moths internship program (based on their completion of studies and internship performance).
What you bring:
- University graduate or in final year of studies with 3 or less exams left before graduation at a technical faculty
- Proficient with Windows OS (Linux knowledge is plus)
- MS SQL experience or other RDBMS
- Networking knowledge
- Basic PC hardware experience and shell scripting experience
- Understanding concepts of the Virtualization platforms
- Team player and enjoys working in dynamic team
- Proactive, open-minded committed and ambitious
- Eager to dive into and learn more about the business domain
- Calm and systematic in hectic situations
What you will be doing:
- Performing activities related for set up of new and existing application environments
- Manage databases backups and restoration needed for application environments
- Analysis of deployments including operating system and environmental elements
- Windows (and Linux) administration running on VM Ware infrastructure administration
- Documentation of systems, controls and monitoring
Added bonus if you have:
- Understanding of the Windows OS systems and administration
- Understanding of MS SQL database administration (or other standard RDBMS systems)
- Understanding of Web Server IIS administration
- Basics of the network administration and protocols (TCP, VPN, HTTP, SSH, SSL, FTP)
- Basics of the VM Ware virtualization concepts and experience with ESXi
- Basics of Windows scripting would be an advantage as well as administration of UNIX/Linux systems and shell scripting
- Knowledge of programing languages C/C#//Java is a plus
What we offer you:
- Six months paid internship
- Team mentor to coach you and work with you on complex company products
- Work with some of the best experts in fintech industry
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Company benefits - 13 days of vacation, flexible working hours, Fitpass etc.
- Opportunity to grow and develop in financial services and technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.