Location: Belgrade, Serbia
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world. We create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity and responsibility. IGT has a complete Global footprint and our family is 12,000+ strong.
IGT is looking for a motivated individual that can fill the role of an Infrastructure Architect to design and implement information systems to support the US Sport Betting infrastructure and other IGT organizations. The core duties for this position are designing and implementing complex computer systems. Here are some of those key responsibilities this person would need to have experience with.
Analyze System Requirements
The Infrastructure Architect needs to analyze existing systems to ensure they offer adequate capacity, performance, security and are effectively meeting the needs of the organization based on the business requirements. You would need to coordinate with all groups within the organization including other architects from different disciplines to get their design inputs for the solution.
Recommend Alternative Technologies and Improvements
Based on your knowledge of IT and market trends, the Infrastructure Architect may need to design or recommend alternative technologies or improvements to enhance the current information systems solution to support organizational goals and requirements. These recommendations are presented clearly and understandably to management.
Lead Design and Review of New Systems
The Infrastructure Architects leads the design and review processes for new systems designs. This person would be responsible for the document and the purposed technical design and the integration and implementation of the solution being proposed. Designing the capacity, performance, availability and security of the Sports Betting system. Ensure that designed solution architecture (software and programs) are in sync with business needs. Working with the application development, automation and monitoring teams to ensure the infrastructure continues to support the business-critical services they deliver. Analysis of service-related trends and recommendation of technology change or improvements that better fit business needs.
Plan for Integration
Infrastructure Architects must create detailed plans for the integration of new systems architecture into existing infrastructure. This includes logistical drawings for the solution to actually conduct the physical integrations, during which you would provide the technical direction and support.
After a new systems have been designed on paper, the Infrastructure Architect participates in evaluating the solution by building the solution and measures the success of the design, identifying best practices and lessons learned. They provide feedback to leadership and incorporate this information into future integration plans. Architect will design core on-premises infrastructure per state for Sports Betting solution including full hardware and software components and technologies including Virtualization, SAN, Storage, Network, Clustering.
For new systems Infrastructure architect should:
- Working with product team to define solution for the customer deliverable.
- Working with vendors and internal procurement for providing all necessary hardware and software components for designed solution.
- Provide consultancy guidance and technical support during project implementation to the project installation team
- Guide and co-ordinate the activities of the Installations Team to ensure the timely and successful completion of projects
Infrastructure Architect Skills
IGT is looking for a strong leader and communicator, a successful Infrastructure Architect is good at solving problems and thinking creatively. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, IGT is seeking an Infrastructure Architect candidate with the following skills.
Core skills: These are the base skills IGT is requiring for this position.
- Basic project management experience
- Experience with web technologies
- Experience building enterprise architecture roadmaps
- Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions
- Knowledge and preferably experience with Cloud computing
- Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
- Experience planning and developing support processes and adhering to best practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively influence and communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Experience with Red Hat Linux and Microsoft Windows enterprise operating systems
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Dell technology knowledge is a bonus.
- Performance Tuning of operating systems
Advanced skills or certifications:
- CI/CD experience
- Architecture Certification (TOGAF, CITA, EACOE, Certified SOA Architect, etc.)
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certifications in Windows 2008 or Windows 2012.
- Linux certifications
- Network Experience
- Performance tuning of Oracle Database