Our HQ is in downtown Milan, but you'll be working from the comfort of your home. You might be asked to visit our Milan office once per month.
Compensation & Benefits
- Health care coverage and a welfare plan for your well-being.
- The latest Mac, iPhone and any software you might need to perform at your best.
- Our total compensation is top of the market and can grow rapidly and include stock options depending on your performance.
Our sizable (and growing!) engineering organization presents us with a major opportunity to unlock value by improving our infrastructure reliability. Moreover, our apps being downloaded hundreds of thousands of times per day results in enormous amounts of traffic. This, coupled with our relentless efforts to optimize performance, means we deal with difficult (and exciting!) scalability and data management challenges. Hence, we’re looking for a bright, passionate expert in cloud infrastructure and code deployment to bring our game to the next level.
A few examples of your responsibilities:
- Work closely with our software engineers and data scientists to identify the infrastructural needs of the company, and take the lead in defining the plan to fulfill them.
- Make sure the performance of our servers is appropriately monitored at all times.
- Guarantee the reliability of our infrastructure.
- Architect and implement an optimal cloud infrastructure, also counting on our substantial software engineering firepower.
- Be the first in line to react to emergencies.
- Stay informed on relevant new technologies and test the promising ones to make sure we don’t miss out on game-changing opportunities to improve our infrastructure.
What We Offer
- Huge impact. You’ll be instrumental in ensuring the smooth operation of software being used by tens of millions of people all around the world and processing enormous amounts of data.
- People who lift each other up. We hire for talent and leave divas at the door. You'll find a group of truly talented Spooners who are eager to learn and teach their secrets. Reciprocal support and respect is everything—you’re unlikely to ever encounter a more harmonious crew.
- Top-of-the market tools. We strive to use the best, most modern tools and technologies, and when they fall short of our expectations we invent our own. It’s a geek’s paradise.
- Top-notch HQ. Natural light, silent rooms, state-of-the-art hardware, fun-filled common spaces... the list never ends! You’ll certainly be in the right environment to do your best work. And, when it’s time to switch off, you can do that in style and comfort.
- No micromanaging. You’ll be our expert in terms of network and infrastructure. Supporting our security, development, and data engineering teams, you won’t have to battle with legacy code and technologies—but rather, have a huge say in creating a state of the art infrastructure.
- Complex challenges. An ever-growing team and user base will keep boredom at bay. If scalability is your passion, you’ll find all the challenges you’ve ever dreamed of.
- International reach. Our audience is truly international. Our company language is English. We’re a global force and your work will have worldwide exposure.
- Continuous education. We pay for your Italian/English language lessons, but that’s not where it ends. If you make a good case for some extra learning, we’re delighted to foot the tab.
- Remote working, flexible schedule, and unlimited vacations. This isn’t a “punch in, punch out” company. We care about your productivity, not tracking every minute you’re on site. It’s up to you to always be responsible with your work, no matter where you are or what schedule you’re keeping.
What We Look For
- Relevant expertise. You know at least one cloud platform inside out (bonus points if it’s GCP, but others, such as AWS, work for us as well). You have a very good understanding of modern Unix systems. Ideally, you're proficient with Docker, you can effectively configure modern databases (Redis, MongoDB, etc.) and you can push some clean and tested code from your laptop straight to the world using a CI/CD pipeline.
- Passion for the topic. You have a long-standing, proven passion for networking, cloud infrastructure, and code deployment. Bonus points if you’re interested in security too, which will make working in close contact with our security team much more exciting.
- Rock-solid analytical reasoning. You can investigate and effectively pick up concepts on your own, especially when it comes to technology. You don’t stop at the surface, but find enjoyment in exploring what lies beneath and becoming a master of your craft.
- Attention to detail. You obsess about getting the small things right (as well as the big ones). You’re meticulous in ensuring that your work is of the highest quality.
- Some coding skills. You know how to script. Ideally, you also know how to code (at a low level is fine). We’re ready to teach you if you don’t, but skills in programming will be a clear plus.
- Drive. You’re energetic, hard-working, and persevere through adversity until the job is done—and done beautifully. You’re all about getting results and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- Diligence, organization. Conscientious and well organized, you can be entrusted with big responsibilities as well as small, more menial tasks.
- Humbleness. You’re down to earth, eager to listen to people’s feedback and constructive criticism, and ready to get your hands dirty with whatever the team needs to succeed.
- Proficient in English. You read and write proficiently, and speak at a conversational level in English.
- Availability. We work 9-6 GMT+1. Our schedule is flexible, but we prefer to work together most of the time. That’s why you should live somewhere with a similar timezone—between GMT-2 and GMT+3.
The Recruiting Process
If you successfully pass through our screening process, we'll invite you to take on a few tests aimed at assessing how you think and solve unfamiliar problems. These tests don't require any prior knowledge, and they should take you a few hours to complete. If you're successful there, we'll invite you to some interviews—normally two or three—to get to know each other and figure out if it’s a good fit for both parties. There, we'll ask you some behavioral, technical, and problem-solving questions. The interviews are held remotely. To limit arbitrariness and human bias, Bending Spoons' hiring decisions are made by a hiring committee.