Sqreen is the application security platform for the modern enterprise. More than 800 organizations trust Sqreen to protect, observe and test their applications, APIs and microservices. As opposed to pattern-based approaches, Sqreen analyses in-app execution in real time to deliver more robust security without compromising performance. This empowers security owners to easily extend protection and visibility across their entire application portfolio without requiring on-going maintenance and tuning. With Sqreen, organizations of all sizes can strengthen their application security, decrease the number of security incidents and resolve incidents more quickly when they do occur.
For more information, please visit www.sqreen.com
What we need your help with:
Sqreen is actively looking to hire our first Internal Security Engineer to lead our internal security roadmap (not our product security - the security that our product provides to our customers), according to the Sqreen security strategy.
This person will be responsible for kicking off our SOC2 certification and lead it to completion in 2021. The role will also start to formalize Sqreen’s security to prioritize our next security initiatives and establish a clear roadmap to ensure that Sqreen keeps best in class security practices while scaling.
Sqreen’s philosophy on security is the following:
- Above everything else is the protection of our customers, their production services and their data
- The best security measures are ones that don’t get in the user’s way
- Achieving certification isn’t the end of the security journey but rather one step forward towards the higher goal of protecting your customers
This role can either be based in our Paris office or be remote across Europe (we currently have engineers in 6 cities in France with others in Lisbon, London, Alexandria and Edinburgh for example!) and will report to our CTO and co-founder Jean-Baptiste Aviat.
- Work with the Sqreen teams and groups to ensure correct prioritization and execution of the security roadmap
- Manage Sqreen security audits end to end (penetration tests, SOC2, ...)
- Manage Sqreen’s internal security tooling (bug bounty, Sqreen, …)
- Help implement some items of the security roadmap
- Low ego and high emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Excellent communication skills (we work in English in a distributed and international context)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excited to work in a fast, high growth startup environment
- Familiarity with IT security (as an auditor or as a practitioner)
- Experience in the field of software engineering (ideally in a company building a product)
- While previous experience in application security is not required, healthy curiosity is preferred
Sqreeners come from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Diversity is important to us, so if you're unsure, please apply!
Why work for Sqreen:
- Be part of an incredibly talented team who are passionate about democratising security
- Join at a crucial stage of our development with a huge amount of runway for you to add value
- Beautiful 'Sqreenhouses' in central Paris (Sentier), and San Francisco (SoMa) - our Paris office is currently open but many Sqreeners work remotely
- An international, English speaking work environment
- Contribute tangibly to our core product, bringing value to our customers each and every week
- Join a product-focused company, with a deep commitment to learning
- Access to our broad network of Founders, Peers and Investors in Paris and San Francisco
- Enjoy premium health insurance, healthy snacks every day in the office and coached Sport sessions every fortnight (currently virtual)
- Generous leave allowance
- Sqreenity session every quarter - one paid week to explore a topic of your choice
- Brown Bag Lunches: monthly opportunities to learn new topics from other Sqreeners or outside experts
- A relaxed working environment with regular social activities
Sqreen’s Hiring Process:
- 45 minute video call with our local Talent Partner
- 45 minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- Take home exercise, if applicable
- Virtual onsite with the team - 4 hours total
- Video call with Pierre, CEO of Sqreen
- Reference sqreen
On average the whole process takes 2-3 weeks end to end, but we're pretty flexible!