What every .NET practitioner should know before coming to Vega IT
College practice or small internship is a very important aspect of every learning process. Students are given the opportunity to actually engage and participate in real life projects which eventually allows them to gain experience which normally they would not be able to gain in college.
Companies which participate in such internship programs have standards and certain expectations from students that engage in practice. Vega IT, as one of those companies, has strict standards when it comes to programming which every employee follows and which every student will learn about during the internship.
Vega IT's primary field is the .NET platform and everything that is built on top of it.
Here's the complete list of things that Vega IT expects from every student who applies for the internship:
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming. Fundamental concepts such as abstraction, encapsulation, inheritance and polymorphism.
- Basic knowledge of how the web works (browser, web server, DNS, etc.). Concepts only, details are not required.
- Good knowledge of ASP.NET (Core) framework.
- Source control such as TFS, SVN or Git.
- We perform development in C# and expect you to have good knowledge of:
- Access modifiers
- Basics of HTML, CSS, XML and JSON.
- Visual Studio development tool.
- Relational databases and UML.
- Basic knowledge of SQL. Writing queries for select, update, delete and insert, operations against relational databases.
- English language, writing and speaking.
- Open-mindedness and soft skills are a big plus.