Apptium is an exciting and dynamic company to work for. Our clients enable communications services in the United States, Canada, Australia and Europe. We work directly and collaboratively to solve complex IT problems and break new ground in the solutions we create. Our work has a real, positive impact on how consumers receive and use communications services in mobile, high-speed data, and video services for the connected home.
We have a new office in Novi Sad, Serbia, and would like you to be a part of our core team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, and debug web-based software solutions, with a focus on Java, API's/ back-end services and relational database technologies.
- Analyze, review, and rewrite programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new program requirements.
- Effectively communicate and resolve issues with cross functional groups to escalate issues or changes in scope.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with clients, customers and management.
- Experience working as a hands-on developer.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Proven ability to perform well in a deadline-sensitive environment.
- Agile/Scrum development methodology desirable.
- Demonstrated success in high volume, low latency business critical system
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively are key.
- Candidates should be self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present to large and small groups.
- 3-5 years experience with strong development skills in Java
- Strong understanding of Java technologies: J2EE, Spring Framework, Spring boot, Hibernate.
- Strong understanding and development experience in Web Services (REST and SOAP).
- Experience working with relational databases (MYSQL - required, ORACLE - is a plus).
- Working experience with NOSQL databases.
- Experience with front end HTML5, CSS, JS including Angular, React framework is a plus.
- Working experience with caching and queuing systems; Redis, MQ, Apache Kafka is a plus.
- Good understanding on cloud infra structure; AWS, Azure.
- Familiar with identity and SSO systems
- Familiar with task management and documentation tools; Atlassian JIRA, Confluence a plus.
- Working knowledge of Jenkins.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus pay
- Full time employment
- Options for remote work
- Flexible working time
- 100% paid sick leave
- Opportunity to travel abroad
- Working in a large international team
Job Type: Full-time Java developer
Education: Bachelor's (Preferred) Master's is a plus
COVID-19 Precaution(s): Virtual meetings, remote work, sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place