About the position:
Team Sava specializes in building outstanding teams of passionate, world-class professionals and top-tier software developers for growing global hi-tech companies.
Our partner, PlayStudios, located in Tel Aviv and Bay Area, is a consumer gaming company focused on the ever-expanding market for social and mobile gaming. They are developing a revolutionary social gaming platform aimed at reshaping the way people from all segments play online. PlayStudios flagship apps are consistently rated among the Top-20 Grossing apps in the Apple App Store in their category!
We’re looking for a Java Backend Developer with strong communication skills, independence, and self-learning abilities, who can quickly grasp complex systems and take full ownership of technological projects.
The Backend team in PlayStudios is responsible for building high-scale cloud-based real-time systems, while facing unique challenges in the multiplayer world. You will join amazing team of talented developers who are passionate about their job and create clean architecture and implementations that plan ahead and see the big picture (product-wise and technology-wise), we encourage learning and sharing, and we deeply believe in taking responsibility and ownership on our projects.
- Execute full software development lifecycle (architect, design, implement, test and integrate)
- Ensure stability, performance and architectural cleanliness of those projects
- Develop microservice-based distributed systems, both from scratch and by decomposing existing legacy components
- Develop tools for internal use operations
- Bachelor in Computer Science
- 4+ years of backend development experience
- Very strong Java skills and object-oriented design experience
- Experience with Spring framework
Bonus points for:
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices architecture
- Experience developing for real-time large-scale applications
- Experience with developing (or playing) online games
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (such as MongoDB)
- Experience with Message Brokers (such as RabbitMQ)
- DevOps skills
- Opportunity to do incredible work, crafting gorgeous games with a passionate and playful team
- Learning and self improvement opportunities
- Friendly and pleasant working environment
- Flexible working hours, adjusted to your lifestyle
- Possibility to travel abroad
- Team building events
- Great referral fees
- Coffee, fruit and snacks